• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

X525 from hobbyking

Wrighty8766

I've got the x666 version, which is just a tad wider but ultimately the same. It's a pretty decent frame mate. Get lots of spare bits for the landing gear/frame in Maplins. I've got Naza gear on mine and its dead stable in the air. It depends what you have on it really. The majority of mine is turnigy stuff which works fine. I've got carbon props but the plastic ones are cheap and good enough. Fastladperformance up north is great if you need any help/advice

Very cool mate, got a bit of wobble on-screen when you boot it. Just a bit of prop balancing to get a really clear video without investing in a gimball. It'll stop vibrations running through it too which is good for electrics etc. There are videos on how to do balancing but basically balance the blade first with snips of tape and then the hub of the prop with something like mitre-mate available from screwfix. Easy to do. You won't be disappointed with your copter, I love mine, just wish my battery setup was a bit better but ill get round to that at some point

• 4 weeks later...

I've got a HK scratch built X525 with a KK2 FW1.5, 30A ESC's, and turnigy motors (can;t remember which ones) and mine is hooked up to a 9XR transmitter. Pretty happy with mine, but I wouldn't trust the folding frame feature. My arms are locked in place by turning one of hte mount boards round.

I pretty much never take the self levelling off. Drifts a little but given there's no GPS option its pretty darn good.