• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Rocket Bunny kit assistance

The Gimp

Hi guys,

I'm going the route of adding an Addiction RC Rocket Bunny kit to another new GT 86 shell I have .

I'm not sure if to use a glue or double sided tape for it as I have never attempted this before.

Has anyone purchased this kit? How tricky is it or anything you would suggest doing prior to prep and paint stage etc?

Any hints or tips would be welcome. 

I've got some heavy duty glue and 3m double sided tape but feel they would be too harsh on the lexan or the paint itself.

After this my son wants me to get him a JZX100 shell and paint it the same as Daigo Saito's old beast.  So no pressure then.  lol

Regards

Steve

Hi guys,

I'm going the route of adding an Addiction RC Rocket Bunny kit to another new GT 86 shell I have .

I'm not sure if to use a glue or double sided tape for it as I have never attempted this before.

Has anyone purchased this kit? How tricky is it or anything you would suggest doing prior to prep and paint stage etc?

Any hints or tips would be welcome.

I've got some heavy duty glue and 3m double sided tape but feel they would be too harsh on the lexan or the paint itself.

After this my son wants me to get him a JZX100 shell and paint it the same as Daigo Saito's old beast. So no pressure then. lol

Regards

Steve

nice. Well honestly I would just use double sided. Once it's on its on. I wouldn't worry too much about removing it. I wouldn't show goo though since it's far too strong and pulls paint if not applied well.

Just make sure you prep and wash the kit well before painting. Super thin coats with safe dry times between coats, say 2/3 hours. It should hold paint well.

Edited by teshi