• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What Scale do you race and why? Please include pics!

JayAVFC

Hi all,

I created this post because I am interested why people race there specific class.

I race 1/5th touring cars because I enjoy the realistic scale speed and setup of the car.

I also race 1/10th buggies becuase though the winter touring cars are u driveable and I live near maritime.

I will have a new FG MINI 4WD coming this week also to race in the winter at brookland raceway.

Here are a couple of pics of my cars.

Please share your cars and pit set-up etc

cacfc0ce417f34894222fc0385f593ec_zps54da

7561254e2234dd3c66438f066a7ab975_zpsa820

d0d3d5dc806abca12b10f23d87f5c015_zps6250

5d3eb1d7ad286cccbff8a7a115fbdc0b_zps95b3

Thanks for looking

Edited by JayAVFC

1\10 buggy's as the first club I found raced them and its sort of stuck. I've raced both 4wd and 2wd but I perfure 2wd, not sure why but I do. All my "race buggy's" have been team associated as that is what most people raced at my club at the time of joining and that brand has stuck.

I only do it for a laugh as at the end of the day its only a toy car!

1\10 buggy's as the first club I found raced them and its sort of stuck. I've raced both 4wd and 2wd but I perfure 2wd, not sure why but I do. All my "race buggy's" have been team associated as that is what most people raced at my club at the time of joining and that brand has stuck.

I only do it for a laugh as at the end of the day its only a toy car!

Cool! The first track i visited I went away and brought a car and have raced there ever since

Cool! The first track i visited I went away and brought a car and have raced there ever since

I started with a b4, used that for 8 months, then I went to a b44.1 for around 18 months and now I have the b5m that I got in May and haven't looked back. Most cars were left stock but I have added loads of upgrades to the b5m.

1/10th buggy (2wd and 4wd). It was the main class around when I started back in the late 80's and I just keep coming back to it. Over the years I've dabbled with pan cars, touring cars, stadium trucks, short course trucks and micros on the electric side, plus nitro buggys and truggys but 1/10th buggy remains my passion.

I think its the fact you can race them indoors in tiny halls, or outdoors on massive tracks thats the appeal - they are the most 'universal' of cars.

Large scale short course because it's the most fun I've had racing. I used to race 10th on road when I was younger with my uncle and brother, I then lost interest for a few years until I bought a 10th scale short course truck to see wether or not I'd like racing off road. Then Losi released the 5ive T and haven't looked back since also the people I've met are some of the friendliest people I've met in the hobby.

I'd like to have a go at large scale touring cars but they're a bit too pricey at the moment.

• Like 2