• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Racing prep

Lo08nyb

Make sure all your batteries are charged including the transmitter ones. I'd give the car a once over making sure all the screws are tight and simple things like checking everything is moving freely.

Then just get out there and have some fun. I remember being nervous before my first race but I came away grinning from ear to ear!

As above, make sure all your batteries are charged including your starter box and portable 12v if you use one.

There's no need to loctite all screws, just the servo saver posts, drive shaft grub screws and maybe the engine mount screws (don't use loads though).

Do a quick check of your steering lock and throttle and adjust end points if necessary and a fresh set of clutch bearings.

If the club has an air compressor, use it to clean your car after each qualifying run paying particular attention to wheel bearings.

Hopefully you won't encounter any running issues and you'll have the best day ever!!