• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Sanwa RX-371 receiver compatibility issue with MX-V radio

Mr Wolf

Hi there, I'm hoping someone might be able to shed some light on my latest radio problem.

My Airtronics (Sanwa) MX-Sport transmitter died on me last weekend. I had been using it with RX-371 receivers (the ones it ships with) for the past 3 years - all bought from the US. So I could still use my old receivers I just bought a new Sanwa MX-V radio set (it ships with RX-37W receivers) from SMD.

While the transmitter binds with them OK, it seems to have a compatibilty issue with the older RX-371 receivers, even though it clearly states in the instructions that it's "compatible with all Sanwa FHSS-2 surface receivers".

The probelm is that once it's bound, when in the neutral position the steering servo has a pulsating twitch (about one a second). The twitch goes away when you start to turn the wheel to the right but stays when you turn left!!  It works with the RX-37W receiver just fine so I assume it's a compatibility problem.

Has anyone else had this issue or got any ideas on what's going on?

• 1 year later...