• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

mta4 s28 troubles..

fuddy-mucker

Hi all,

I havent posted for a while as when i last had my mta4 out i managed to melt a wheel centre doing dohnuts.. wheel is totaly trashed as i tried to remove the tyre to fit on to a replacement wheel but didnt work.

Its been sat on the top of the wardrobe for the past 3-4 months, just left with after run oil in there.

Problems ive got..

Dual tank upgrade didnt work, it drained from the original tank and drained at half rate from the additional tank and cut out when first tank ran empty even though the additional tank was half full.

I spoke to the guy on ebay who sold the fuel pipe and y branches he suggest making sure the fuel line are all equal length from tank to tank so the fuel lines are straight and neat. Also that the carb feed and exhaust take again are all straight and neat.

Im not 100% sure if the above will fix the issue, anyone got any suggestions? Any reason as to why an mta4 s28 can't run dual tank?

Any ideas where i can get 1 mta4 s28 wheel with tyre fitted? As most place are asking 20-30 quid for two wheels without tyres!

Also... the last time it was run, the bearing inside the clutch bell fell apart

When you order a new clutch bell, is it complete and ready to run? Or do i need to fit the bearing etc?

Can anyone please post pics of a dual tank mod? Just to help me out a little

Thanks

Rob

Go on to the mta4 owners club mate here on the forum look for Sean-vrs he will probably have some spare wheels if not him one of the others will and the answers to your dual tank mod are all there to

the dual tank needs to be run in series m8 i have an extra pipe from the exhuast to help keep more presure so when first tanks empty it drains the next one

i dont have any spare to sell ya im afraid m8 :( i dunno who has 28 ones but i know who has s50 ones

i think its ready to run i dunno of any bearing??, maybe email the place your buying from and ask them if its all there

Hi all,

I havent posted for a while as when i last had my mta4 out i managed to melt a wheel centre doing dohnuts.. wheel is totaly trashed as i tried to remove the tyre to fit on to a replacement wheel but didnt work.

Its been sat on the top of the wardrobe for the past 3-4 months, just left with after run oil in there.

Problems ive got..

Dual tank upgrade didnt work, it drained from the original tank and drained at half rate from the additional tank and cut out when first tank ran empty even though the additional tank was half full.

I spoke to the guy on ebay who sold the fuel pipe and y branches he suggest making sure the fuel line are all equal length from tank to tank so the fuel lines are straight and neat. Also that the carb feed and exhaust take again are all straight and neat.

Im not 100% sure if the above will fix the issue, anyone got any suggestions? Any reason as to why an mta4 s28 can't run dual tank?

Any ideas where i can get 1 mta4 s28 wheel with tyre fitted? As most place are asking 20-30 quid for two wheels without tyres!

Also... the last time it was run, the bearing inside the clutch bell fell apart

When you order a new clutch bell, is it complete and ready to run? Or do i need to fit the bearing etc?

Can anyone please post pics of a dual tank mod? Just to help me out a little

Thanks

Rob

what size hex? have you got 24 or 17mm

Dual tank = how or where could i run a 2nd pipe from my exhaust? I understand why pressure could be the issue though.

As far as i am aware it is only 14mm hex's for the wheels, how much would it cost to go to 17mm hex's and what would i need? Very tight budget now unfortunately due to house move lol.

Clutch bell = theres a small ball bearing cage with bearings inside tye cage that is located inside the centre of the clutch bell itself mine have gone AWOL on me and arent sure if a new clutch bell comes fitted with the bearings already in the clutch bell just ready to fit and go.

Thanks

Rob