• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Super 5sc flux.

Tug

How many times have you clipped that fence by the zip line the :-D where can i get me one of these ? Lol

That fence is just six inches too far over, you have to be very careful with the approach!

Thats a great vid. I like those rally cam type vids theres a farmers trail by me perfect for it but i never filmed it. Much better than circles tho one position.

It looks powerful and slides nice.

• Like 1

Electric seems perfectly suited to large scale,don't know why there aren't more of them around :(

Initial outlay, it's expensive to get started. Even more expensive if you want speed AND runtime!

Refuelling, a gasser or a Nitro only has to open the tank and pour in more fuel. Leccy means carrying multiple packs of cells or taking a genny and charge kit out to your bash site. OK, you don't have to have a genny, you can charge from your car battery, but I don't like leaving my engine running and so prefer to use a genny.

Very very cool Clive, that looks about perfect in terms of acceleration and speed.

What sort of run times are you getting, or have you not tested yet?

Cheers bud. Runtimes are definitely up compared to the 780kv, temps are also lower. I'd feel confident saying she can give a full twenty minutes of speed runs, which equates to approximately thirty minutes of bashing. That's based on my 8000mah Zippy cells, which are actually only holding approximately 6500 these days! New packs should produce far better results.

And I'd sell a body part to get the 380kv version and an 8s ESC! Not for more speed, but to try and improve the efficiency further still! Can you imagine getting an hours runtime from a leccy 1/5? Easily achievable, but we're back to the whole cost thing!

Talking of speed, I've GPS'd a max of 43mph, that's fine for me. :)

• Like 1

That's pretty awesome then, if you consider that's about what I get from my 8ight-Te which is considerably smaller and I dare say about half the weight.

Rather worth the extra effort and cost you've put into it to achieve pretty much what exactly what you wanted.

Plus they look awesome as well, which is always a nice bonus to have :P

• Like 1

In that video they're genuine Traxxas 3.2" Chevrons. They have a higher sidewall, without taping they'd balloon big time. I fitted them to a set of RPM Revolvers with 1/2 off-set and 17mm hex. They've got rubbish grip, but that's easier on the drivetrain and they last forever.