• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

8IGHT-E RTR, AVC: 1/8th Electric 4wd Buggy

53HRA

Age old rtr story,.- buy less and spend more or buy kit with more and end up spending less.

Apart from new to hobby enthusiasts why would you ever buy rtr given the choice?  It's not like there isn't any help with leccy gear decisions anywhere in the world is there?

How many rtr models have u owned that you haven't changed any of the electrics on?  Granted some do come with decent gear but most don't, at least not for the hobbyist anyways imo.

The Hong Nor Ultra Lx-2, A chassis and running gear as stuff as it comes,, Hong Nor servos are pretty good, And a Hobbywing/Leopard combo is about as reliable as you can get with great performance, And all for 240 quid, Total bargain.

Looks good and hopfully as looks a budget version of the 8 its pretty bare including the spectrum dx2e

What elecs does it have hobbywing esc?

The new rx box looks good i like that and how the wires are neatly set out. They ciuld have fixed the silly angle the front drive shaft has tho. Its way too far off centre and rubbed the heck out of the front brace and servo bracket. Or atleast mine did.

The Hong Nor Ultra Lx-2, A chassis and running gear as stuff as it comes,, Hong Nor servos are pretty good, And a Hobbywing/Leopard combo is about as reliable as you can get with great performance, And all for 240 quid, Total bargain.

I bet the LX-2 has e-clips I had one and sold it, due to the fact I did not like a few parts etc. The CR was the racing buggy for Hong Nor.  Same with the CRT, I have the CRT x2 I like it its strong but I dont like how the open diff the bottom of the diff caseng sits on the chassis to seal it.  But it makes a good basher and a decent race truggy with the right setup.

Edited by cyronn