• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Would this set up work for 6s

norcoforever

For my d8te I am trying to nail down what electronics to use. I already have a 1256 servo and dx4s so now it's down to motor and esc I want to be able to run 6s and would prefer at least splash proof. I am using a tekno conversion so the hw motors are out as they are 42.8 not 42mm and I'm not willing to dremel a motor or the mount tenshock are out as they are the wrong bolt pattern. I'm thinking of a tekin 1700 truggy motor matched to a castle mmm v2 I was originally looking at the xerun esc but 1 they are huge and space is tight and 2 a few people seem to have issues of late. What are people's thoughts or ideas

Waste of a motor if you don't run it sensored, how about a Viper VTX8 ESC? They are WP and sensored

The viper has a massive footprint and I've not heard great things about long term reliability. I suppose my other option is the tekin rx8 esc but there seems to be very very little support for them over here

1550 just sounds slow, to get any real speed, even on 6s, you might have to gear it to the moon.

I've got a Leopard 4092, 1480 kv in my spares box, but I've yet to actually make proper use of it. So I can't say whether the 1550 will be slow, it just sounds it.

When you consider the 1717, (I know that won't fit) it's a relatively low kv, ~1600. But because of its girth, it can be geared up considerably.

Jony nitro would be a good person to ask.