• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Assistance needed please.

barnestah

Hi all.. Recently I brought some VP Pro evo 803 tyres to try and stop or reduce my tyre ballooning at speed. these were pre glued and I had no real idea if they were belted. The shop on ebay told me they were. So i had to do a few runs with them and they seemed to balloon as much as normal. So after several runs and the rims of the tyres were starting to come un-stuck I soaked them in Acetone to see what was inside.  They were not belted. :(

20140921_134847_zpsf4cb9e83.jpg

So I've contacted the shop in Greece via ebay and he has offered me these at half price. But forgive if I am wrong but these are still not belted but just have a extra lateral bracing.  

ribbedtyres_zps6c3cb3d8.png

from what I can see on Google images the belted tyres look like this. 

vpprobelted_zps966b2939.png

Can anyone put me right on this?

Edited by barnestah

They are ribbed...but not belted.

To be honest...as you have the tyres off the rim...get some Gorilla tape...and belt them yourself.

Lots of YouTube vids to show you how, and it's dead easy to do. If they are refunding half the purchase price, then you end up with sorted tyres and you will have plenty of tape left for other things.

• Like 1

They are ribbed...but not belted.

To be honest...as you have the tyres off the rim...get some Gorilla tape...and belt them yourself.

Lots of YouTube vids to show you how, and it's dead easy to do. If they are refunding half the purchase price, then you end up with sorted tyres and you will have plenty of tape left for other things.

Thing is these people are leaving it to chance that people won't be bothered to ask for a refund for false advertising. They should know what they are selling and advertise it as such instead of trying to grab everyone's attention with lies.

But yeah, just belt the insides now they are off Barnestah.

Hi nitro, i've done exactly that funnily enough. I tried sanding the exciting ribs down a bit but that's easier said than done and just kind of roughed up a bit. I've gone round twice with gorilla tape so hoping that will work,

Agree with you there Optimus lol :)     They have 100% positive feed back so hoping they wont want to loose that. I've sent them pictures and a youtube clip of the VP Pro evo belted tyre's and what they should look like  

I will give them a chance before I slate the hell out of them on ebay feedback and all over other forums. :tank:

Ps... thanks for confirming my suspicions guys.  :thumbsup:

Edited by barnestah
  • Like 1