• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Running on Grass!

Garry45

Depends, 

wet grass can be somewhat a pain, its slippery and grippy in parts. it also makes one hell of a mess to the inners

coating it with short grass and dirt.

dry grass is your bane, one mo your hauling the next your in a grip roll and watching the front end A arm and hub get bust up. 

you also find loose grass and hot engines dont mix to well, and smokers come from to much grass being collected and then heated

so you need to be on the ball cleaning wise while running.

driving on grass takes time to get the hang of, you have a lower top speed but the holeshot ( hook up ) is more calm.

its right into the power and grip when dry, or its a tail wagging burnout as the torque feeds in when its wet.

Edited by Tamiyacowboy
  • Like 2

Grass is less grippy, and more fun.

You Thunder Tiger mini is basically an offroad buggy underneath...so it should be fine. If you have tarmac tyres, though, you might well have grip problems. Also watch for ground clearance.

Don;t know what tyre/wheel options you have ... but slicks and damp grass don;t mix.

Keep an eye out for grass build up around driveshafts ... especially if the grass has been recently cut. It will wrap around hubs too. Keep it clear.

Clear out any grass build up every time you fuel up, and all should be well.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replys guys

Will defo have a go on grass as thus field is cut but a while ago so no loose stuff.

Gonna have to get some more tires at some point and will get off road.

Will also get another set of wheels so can have on and off road but for now will stick with what ive got

Garry

I use this: http://www.kershawdesigns.com/SlipperSpring.htm

As well as the Robinson Racing slipper, pads ... but I need to near-lock the slipper through the power I'm putting through it!!

Don't call it Mental Maxx for nothing.

Al.

• Like 1

Had a great time on grass just doing a few high speed runs and a bit of badly done drifting

Managed to barrel roll at high speed after hitting a hole that i missed on my walk about,thought thats it broken car but all was well after a good check and luckily i left the shell at home fearing the very thing that i managed in style,

Drifting was ok but managed to roll it everytime and i put that down solely on me and my bad car control and a surface ive never drove on.

Back to car park bashing tommorow :-)

Garry

I run mostly on grass and wet and dry I am constantly doing a pit stop to clear grass wrapped around the dog bones off think it's that that bends them...Skate park tomorrow at lunch time weather permitting.

Posted by me ????

Edited by jp79er
  • Like 1