• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

A thought i had since i was 14

hebby

Ok since i was like 14 i had this thought about people and police and stuff since i used to get stopped by police almost every single night for no apparent reason apart from what the police told me " you match the description of a suspect " WHAT EVERY NIGHT? then sometimes i would just wind them up and say my name was donald duck or mickey mouse lol

then it sprung into my mind......

What if we where all microchipped when we was born? a bit like cats and dogs but instead of a system where police had to radio to HQ for your details and then not even know 100% you are who you say you are but with a scanner that scanned your body and detected the chip and give instant details...

sex

dob 

and so on :) 

i know it may be hard as people could just locate the chip and swap for a diff one but I'm sure in this day and age with tech there could be a way its linked to one person :)

Maybe some sort of info on a certain mole in a certain place or something?

anyone got any thoughts?

Good idea but it just wouldn't work, people would say no and all the human right people would have a field day about it.

Personally I wouldn't have an issue with if it didn't effect me health wise, at the end of the day if you have nothing to hide what's the problem?

Why?

No system is 100% secure so there would still be the chance of abuse of the system. It wouldn't stop crime unless the chips were tracked everywhere you went. It would only stop identity theft in certain circumstances. How would they know who the 'suspect' was until he'd been caught and his chip scanned/linked to the crime?

Edited by Smoothybb

Exactly!

but if it was like compulsory when you have a new born ;) i reckon it would help with crime and stuff ;) imagine at airports with the scanning equipment how many would be able to use dodgy passports then? ;)

Why?

No system is 100% secure so there would still be the chance of abuse of the system. It wouldn't stop crime unless the chips were tracked everywhere you went. It would only stop identity theft in certain circumstances. How would they know who the 'suspect' was until he'd been caught and his chip scanned/linked to the crime?

not saying it would slash crime by 99% but it would help ;) 

is fraud a crime? how many people con the system with false details? how many people go into banks and give false details to obtain money? imagine if banks had the scanning equipment? 

Edited by hebby

There was enough fuss trying to get people to carry official ID cards!

That said its coming I'm sure, but more likely by the back door. Nobodys going to sign up for an ID chip, but turn that chip into a built in, impossible to lose credit/debit card and you'd get interest. Since it would need ID details to work it can later be used for that too.

Oh, and the looking like a suspect - normally that means you look like a teenager hanging around. Not surprising if you are in fact 14 and hanging around!

Exactly!

but if it was like compulsory when you have a new born ;) i reckon it would help with crime and stuff ;) imagine at airports with the scanning equipment how many would be able to use dodgy passports then? ;)

A universal system in place for any length of time could be hacked/cloned. The government can't keep ahead of the hackers for any length of time.

arent they doing that in the usa already or something like it the rich buggers anyway 

Dunno mate not really looked into it :(

just reminded me today when took my cat for injections and vet scanned him to make sure he was chipped as couldn't remember if he was lol

There was enough fuss trying to get people to carry official ID cards!

That said its coming I'm sure, but more likely by the back door. Nobodys going to sign up for an ID chip, but turn that chip into a built in, impossible to lose credit/debit card and you'd get interest. Since it would need ID details to work it can later be used for that too.

Oh, and the looking like a suspect - normally that means you look like a teenager hanging around. Not surprising if you are in fact 14 and hanging around!

does looking like a suspect inc walking 5 miles from your mums to your Nanas where you live? i used to do this every night and almost every night get stopped by police.

maybe had something to do with the area i lived i dunno but hand on my heart i wasn't upto anything just walking home or to my mums. and same story every time " you look like a suspect " 

A universal system in place for any length of time could be hacked/cloned. The government can't keep ahead of the hackers for any length of time.

Yeah i understand that but I'm sure some clever person could come up with something ;) 

instead of being against the hackers join em and pay them to help ;) who knows better about what flaws a system has? of course the hacker why? because he uses them flaws against the system :)

Is 'mum' code for local electronics store and 'nana' short for crack dealer? By 'nothing' do you mean lugging a tv under each arm with the remotes in your pockets? Sorry, only joking.

Tracking is probably coming, all we'd need is a small electronic device that virtually everyone carries everywhere they go....................

Yeah i understand that but I'm sure some clever person could come up with something ;)

instead of being against the hackers join em and pay them to help ;) who knows better about what flaws a system has? of course the hacker why? because he uses them flaws against the system :)

But the nice people of the government don't pay as much as the nasty people who are trying to steal all the money.

In a perfect world, yes, it would work. In the world we live in, bad people always pay better. Then again, in a perfect world, we wouldn't need chips or tracking.

Yeah I know but how do you know who committed the crime until they've been caught? Ie. how does the chip work other than proving id, it doesn't prove guilt or innocence. 

In your example, all that would happen is that your chip would be scanned in relation to multiple crimes (if they did indeed happen in the vicinity you were walking).

Edited by Smoothybb

it is funny that the experts say you cannot be tracked by your mobile phone.  but when someone goes missing the police are quick to say last known to be in a certain area.  (info gained from mobile phone details)

We already have our own identity details..... Finger prints and retinas.....

Fingerprint and retina scanners, that's the likely way for the future I reckon.....

But if it cuts terrorism and crime then can't be all bad, can it?