• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Rubicon shock upgrade

Hello people, i have just purchased some after market alloy piggy back shocks for my SCX10 Rubicon, they are a lot stiffer, chunkier and extend to 103mm, they look amazing on the jeep however, when installed my drive train seems very jittery, is this because of the length of shock pushing my axles away from the chassis so much that my drive shafts are on such an angle that they can not operate the way the should? Any ideas anyone? 

I did the same mate. Raised the suspension and the driveshafts started binding. I put the standard shocks back on. You could put longer links on to rotate the axle slightly and thus reduce the angle, but this may upset the steering. Hopefully someone with more experience will be along and correct me if I'm talking rubbish. Hope you sort it.

I used these on my Dingo,Iam about to upgrade my Rubicon to the G-Made Transition shocks so fingers crossed the drives ok..

KGrHqZrIFGbzvV7BRs9pweHy60_12_zpsddaaa82