• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Very nice little Charger

wade7575

I picked this charger up about 6 months ago and I thought I would share it here with you guys here,I got it to charge my AA cells for my Transmitter's as most of the 2.4GHZ Transmitters let you use 4 AA cells and I was getting fed up with my Energizer charger that was not working proper everytime.

This charger has more mode's and feature's then you can shake a stick at it does everything it claims to do rather well.

It has a Charge and discharge mode matching and cycling mode as well and a refresh mode and might have more I forgot to mention.

I really like the discharge mode and the matching mode to check my cells,I know what your thinking big whoopee who really needs to match their AA cells and for that matter no one,but when I tried it I really found it useful I had 30 Presidents Choice Battery's laying around that were brand new and had never been charged and they were all 2000Mah it should be noted I know this for sure they are just a relabeled Energizer 2000Mah cell that Zehrs Loblaws and a few other of their chain Grocery stores sell under their Presidents choice brand.Also when it discharge's your cells it takes them all down to .90 volt's witch is the industry standard.

What I found when I test the President's Choice 2000Mah cells was that all but 2 were with in 150 to 200Mah of each other and the 2 bad ones were 650 and 823Mah off and that was on the low side and some were also 100 to 150Mah above the 2000Mah.The matching process discharge's the cells and then let's them rest for 1 to 2 hours I forget what it is then charge's them back up but what I did to speed up the matching process was discharge 4 cells and when they had all finished take them out put them to the side to rest and discharged another 4 until they were all done and then charged them all back up and it should be noted the 4 that got discharged together got charge together.

Also another nice feature about this charger is that each slot has it's own charge circuit and that means each cell is being charged separately from one another unlike others where it can only charge 2 cells or 4 cells not 1 2 3 or 4 like the Maha,the Maha MH-C9000 can charge each cell at 2 Amp's and is bigtime overkill for a AAA or AA cell and I charge at 700 to 800 with my 800Mah cells.It comes with a 2 Amp powersupply and I know what your thinking that means it's not really charging each slot at 2 Amp's but it is if you know how to figure it out with math and Watt's it is,it takes 1 hour and 15 to 20 Minutes on 800Mah to charge 4 2000Mah AA cells if it was just dividing the 2 Amp's by 4 it would be giving 500Mah to each slot and the charge times would longer.Also if wanted to charge a 1800 2000 2450 and 2300Mah MiMH or NiCad or NiCads and NiMH at the same time you can and you can also set the charge current different for each slot,you can also charge and discharge cells at the same time and you are still free to choose whatever current you want each slot to charge or discharge at independently of each other.

Another thing I found interesting and I can not find where I read it I think it was in the Manual or on the ebay link or on the Maha Powerex Canada site but they say they use a Low heat generating Algorithm and I trusted them because I know a friend online that had one and said it really works well but I can understand how most would say Ya right just another marketing ploy and gimmick.When I charged 4 of my 2000Mah cells at 900Mah and then charged the same cells again after discharging them with a Energizer charger that charge's 2 cell's at 600Mah between the 2 so each were being charged at 300Mah the cells were 15 degree's cooler when charged with the Maha.

I'm not trying to make it sound like a big deal with this charger because I know it can only charge AA and AAA cells but at the same time if someone like me who was fed up with their Energizer charger and looking for something that is quality may over look it as just another crappy 4 cell charger,also you can set the Mah charge from200Mah to 2000Mah in 100Mah increments and I think for discharge it's 200Mah to 1000Mah at 100Mah Increments.

I have also found this charger to be very accurate with NIMH cells and does not false peak like other charger's.

I also I do not sell this charger I'm just doing a review and if you look at the ebay ad I linked you can that there is a box there of different battery's they have tested to check capacity in Mah and they tested a lot of brands and I mean a lot and if you scroll down you can see the BTY AA 3000Mah cells they tested they only took back 459Mah what a rip off.Also LSD means Low Self Discharge and they hold a charge better over time if they are left sitting but there draw back is the Mah rating is not as high as a standard NiMH.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Powerex-MH-C9000-Battery-Charger-Analyzer-Tester-NiMH-NiCd-AA-AAA-Maha-Energy-/320832968741?pt=Battery_Chargers&hash=item4ab3229825

Edited by wade7575

Like I said I was not trying to make a big deal about this charger,I just had problems with a lot of the AA and AAA chargers I got a while back and was getting fed up with them not working well or at all for that matter with a few of them and my problems was I did not want to use one of my Thunder Power AC-6 chargers because at the time I hade 3 boats and 3 Transmitters and allmy boats took 2 packs so charging everything for me would have taken a long time.

Geeh thought I was going to see something better for lipos than a cellpro, icharger or Hyperion.....

I find the Energizer's that are 2000Mah or above hold their charge pretty well but I know what you are talking about as some brands don't hold a charge very well at all and some need a few charge's put threw them to get them to hold a charge.

i dont bother with AA rechargable batterys , i just buy packs of durrcell for

You can buy it with a UK style plug to from what I understand,contact the guy in the link I know they have different plug type's,also you can always get a 2 Amp or even Amp wall charger off of ebay for that matter that uses the same style plug that you use and just check the Maha's plug end I think center hole is positive and outer body is negative and just cut them both off and solder the Maha plug end that goes into the Maha charger itself onto your new wall charger and don't forget to heat shrink.

I live in Canada and had a 3 Amp Laptop PowerSupply laying around and I wanted a longer cord that comes with the Maha not that it is short just not long enough for what I wanted and it work's good for me,just check the Maha wall adapter at the plug with a voltmeter and if you have to buy another wall adapter just twist the wires together and check it at the end again nd make sure it's the same and if it is just Solder it up and heat sharink it and you'll be fine,I know the wall adapter can be gotten from ebay for 5 to 8 dollars Canadian.

won't this have a US style plug fitted?

Mine has paid for its self by reviving old batteries that were "dead" and not holding a charge, its also good for spotting fake batteries from eBay :yes:  

Cool story bro, what wrong with buying new battery's each time? After you buy the battery's and the charger it must cost more?

I have AA and AAA rechargeable in everything in my house, from clocks  to Xbox controllers, my kids can go though a pair of Duracell AA's every 2 days in their game controllers, (Wii, Xbox etc), so

I use nickel zinc rechargables, and charger from Maplins. 1.6v per cell, 2500mWh, negligible discharge. They even operate those eflite portable charger thingies for the nCPX (about 15 charges). The charger is no good for any other type of battery chemistry though.

I did look at the vapex one a while back http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fast-Smart-Charger-for-1-8-AA-or-AAA-NiMH-batteries-LCD-display-Vapextech-/370587152795 but doesn't do as many tricks as the Accupower one.

I was looking at that, but decided i would rather the extra features than the ability to charge 8 at a time, i have a cheap 8 cell charger (50p from car boot sale) but never used it. Glad i spent the extra fiver on the AccuPower one, like i said its paid for its self by reviving old batteries which were considered dead.

I would have to disagree with that,if a person is going to be I the Hobby for a while it will pay for itself over time,plus buy AA and tossing them each cost's enough as well I pay around 6 to 7 dollars in Canada just for good ones like energizer.

I should have also mentioned that the Maha Chargers are to last and when I got mine I did not know that they had been making chargers for years and they build them to many many years,plus why keep tossing more stuff into the landfill then you need to.

The other thing I like about rechargeable's is that if I'm short on cash and have no batteries laying around I don't have to worry about it.

Cool story bro, what wrong with buying new battery's each time? After you buy the battery's and the charger it must cost more?

Edited by wade7575