• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

An easy questions re my HPI flux Vorza!

dagswe21

Hi all,

I have an Hpi flux Vorza, which I LOVE. But I have a question, which is probably, stupidly easy, but I just can't get a definitive yes or no, so I'm sure the good people on this forum will kindly be able to help.

Q:

On the shock absorbers, which colour springs (they come in a variety) offer the most and least resistance? So which colour should I chose to make the ride 'stiffest', for example? Again, the answer eludes me, despite searching.

I warned you it was ewpp

Hi all,

I have an Hpi flux Vorza, which I LOVE. But I have a question, which is probably, stupidly easy, but I just can't get a definitive yes or no, so I'm sure the good people on this forum will kindly be able to help.

Q:

On the shock absorbers, which colour springs (they come in a variety) offer the most and least resistance? So which colour should I chose to make the ride 'stiffest', for example? Again, the answer eludes me, despite searching.

I warned you it was ewpp

http://www.hpiracing.com/en/part/67446

The spring weights ( and lengths ) vs colours are listed here- obviously the higher the 'gf' rating the stiffer they are as such. Unless HPI just likes listing random numbers and letters to troll people... :D

Hey suicideneil,

That's a great help,thank you.

So, correct me if I'm wrong, a 74gf spring will offer more stiffness and resistance than, say, a 54gf spring?

Then, if I were to increase the spring length also, this will,offer yet more resistance and stiffness? Thanks ance again.

Dag.

Yes & yes, essentially ( longer springs on the same shock will increase pre-load, which is essentially the same thing as making the shock stiffer and reduce bottoming out- just be advised that changing springs may require changing the oil weight too, so that the model doesn't become too bouncy- thicker oil with stiffer springs as a rule ).