• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

DJI quad advice

The Dark Knight

I'm going to be getting a DJI quad for my brother in law for his 30th birthday, he is really into his mountain biking and photography and has dropped a few hints that he'd like a quad for taking photos and filming.

Now, with me being a total noob to quads, can anyone advise which would be the best model to get for him?

I've been looking at the Phantom Vision & Vision +, are those two worth considering?

He already has a Go-Pro so maybe it'd be worth considering one of the other models without a camera? 

Whichever model I end up getting hi, I'll also buy him an extra battery. Is the battery charger any good? Or is it worth buying him a better charger too?

I'd prefer to buy from a UK dealer, where would be the best place to buy one from?

Any advice much appreciated, thanks.

most places are the same price. 

if its customer service your after then i would recommend quadcopters.co.uk and as for accessories i wouldn't bother with prop guards unless flying close to anything that could touch the props and in that case you shouldn't be flying that close anyway ;) 

prop guards i have read make the quad unstable but never tested so couldn't say :)

extra batt is always a good idea cos nobody likes getting into a good flight and POW! batt dead and no spare :(

most places are the same price. 

if its customer service your after then i would recommend quadcopters.co.uk and as for accessories i wouldn't bother with prop guards unless flying close to anything that could touch the props and in that case you shouldn't be flying that close anyway ;)

prop guards i have read make the quad unstable but never tested so couldn't say :)

extra batt is always a good idea cos nobody likes getting into a good flight and POW! batt dead and no spare :(

Cool, quadcopters.co.uk is where I have been looking.

This will be a joint present from some of my family, they're thinking it might be a bit much at almost