• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

firestorm fuel mount grommets

turtletom100

I think you have to buy a new fuel tank to get them as they don't sell them individually.  :sly:

I lost mine a long time ago and just replaced them with countersunk washers. There's no real need for them to be rubber, imo.

Give these a go: http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking/store/__23701__Black_Anodised_Aluminum_M3_Countersunk_Washer_8pcs_.html

I think you have to buy a new fuel tank to get them as they don't sell them individually.  :sly:

I lost mine a long time ago and just replaced them with countersunk washers. There's no real need for them to be rubber, imo.

Give these a go: http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking/store/__23701__Black_Anodised_Aluminum_M3_Countersunk_Washer_8pcs_.html

Great that's why I couldn't find any lol I found grommets for other make cars.

Cheers for the link but I would rather rubber not aluminium as I have a carbon top plate and wouldn't aluminium damage that?

You can use std automotive grommets or short lengths of fuel line or O-rings if you want some vibration/abrasion resistance but foaming of the fuel via vibration shouldnt be an issue even without them.

Yoshi

Cheers I will have a look for just grommets then. It weren't so much foaming but I seem to have tiny air bubbles in the fuel line. I'm not sure if this will affect the performance of the car.

Well a couple of mine as supplied had such tight tank mounts that i doubt there was any dampening effect and i have not seen foaming or air in the fuel line-needless to say there shouldn't be bubbles in the fuel line really-If its still not starting and your seeing bubbles this could be minor bleed back from the carb but when running on the bench you shouldnt have bubbles-just check for any leaks-when you get the top deck off to do the grommets put the tank into water with the lines still fitted and check for air leaks by blowing through the lines while blocking the other line off-this should clarify the issue.

You said that the lines have been replaced..make sure that they are not too large a internal diameter-the line should be a good snug fit on the nipples with no room to let air get dragged in.

Yoshi