• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tamiya CC01 Landy Dicovery question

brucey45

Hi, hope you can help.

I am after a new project. After looking on YouTube at loads of crawlers I've decided I want a Tamiya CC01 with a Landy Discovery shell. Could anyone post a link for a suitable shell and offer some advice on how easy it will fit. Or maybe suggest a different chassis that may be better?

This will be my first crawler so go easy.

Thanks in advance

The CC-01 is more of a trailer then a scale crawler mate so just a heads up if you want some good crawling methods you will need to mod the chassis for that extra performance. 

To mount the shell it wouldnt be to difficult on a CC-01.I'm pretty sure Big gaz on here has done a few and will know the exact method and quick way round. In general terms though as long as you have a good wheelbase for the chassis and shell mounting is not difficult.

Also as it's a scale shell it might be worth considering strong magnets to keep the shell on the chassis.Looks alot better then having holes and posts going through a shell :good: 

Thanks for the info. It's definitely something I want to follow up. I'll keep browsing the forum for some more ideas. I want to use if for trailing and also to get to grips with off roaders as a little project.