• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Ftx frenzy nitro buggy compression and brake problem

ftxfrenzy8

Hi guys got a bit of a problem with compression in my engine there doesn't seem to be much compression I have noticed that the rubber exghaust gasket on the bit that connects the exghaust to the exghaust port on the engine has split could this be the problem or is it something else coul you please help.

Also the brakes seem to be on all the time except for when I pull the trigger on the transmitter don't know why it's doing this can someone please help!!! Thanks.

Is the engine new? Engines will lose their pinch after a while but most can be rebuilt. Failing that, check your glow plug is screwed in tight.

If the brakes are binding and releasing when you pull the trigger it sounds like you need to adjust your throttle trim back a touch, make sure you can push the car along the floor at neutral throttle and it can roll freely.

A leaking exhaust gasket wont affect compression, but can cause it to run lean and run hotter then usual.

If the brakes are binding, it's either the trim setting on the transmitter or the linkages need adjusting.

Rebuilt means replacing the piston, conrod and liner, usually the bearings too. Sometimes its cheaper to just buy a new engine though depending on how much you can get the parts for. Bearings are cheap, but the other parts can add up to the price of a new engine.

I will look at getting it thanks is it easy to break in and start because ths is my first nitro buggy and it has cost me over a hundred pound to get it up and running and all because it did not come factory set from the manafacturers. So I want to spend quite a bit of money to get a good engine.

Plus I'm only 14