• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Preparations for running on the beach?

Oh How Original

Avoid beach water. An enclosed clutch carrier is preferable and you might wanna thing about a filter for the carb breather.

I would say what you do after running on the beach is more important than before though :)

I asked recently :)

Paddles are a must for loose sand, although anything else will be reasonably effective on the damp sand above the tide line.  Degrease exposed drive line - cups and dog bones etc - running dry will likely wear them less than having sand stuck and rotating at X rpm's.

An air compressor / can is a quick useful way of cleaning between runs, old toothbrushes come in handy as always for cleaning.

Edited by capri-boy

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/186177-preparing-for-beach/

edit: The search on the this forum is not so good but you can search the forum using google by.   type in what you want then site: msuk-forum.co.uk  

So it looks like this for an example  Preparations for running on the beach  site: msuk-forum.co.uk

Edited by cyronn

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/186177-preparing-for-beach/

edit: The search on the this forum is not so good but you can search the forum using google by.   type in what you want then site: msuk-forum.co.uk  

So it looks like this for an example  Preparations for running on the beach  site: msuk-forum.co.uk

Excelent, thanks for that tip!

I knew I'd seen threads on it before but after searching about 5 pages got no results with the search on here lol.

Also thanks for the other tips, got sand paddles already, will pick up an enclosed clutch carrier and the rest of the bits needed :)