• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

new brushless project.......

evssv

now my revo  conversion is off the cards on cost grounds..... I still wanna do sumin,....so I jus happened across this last nite on ebay with 44 mins left.....http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rc-Car-/251641338870?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=jGVdV10xjZoKTwM8cohBUW0zJo0%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc I already got this one with a 5.2cc force motor in it..so I`m gonna do a bl conversion on the roller from ebay.....gota 150amp esc lined up....and waitin on a lepord 4284 2000kv motor to b bak in stock...so I jus need a motor mount and a losi lipo tray and that should b that..... ...

20140430_153816_zpsb2ebe342.jpg

_57_zps919a1360.jpg

Edited by evssv
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

so my motor and bits have arrived at last from dollorhobbzy.....now i can get on with it......hope I got sum 4mm connectors in me boxof leccy bits....result...3 matching ones...sweet...all soldered up....esc mounted...motor mounted...jus rx box and trat to go!!

20141020_185614_zps810ff039.jpg

20141020_190355_zps3b5e1285.jpg

20141020_193504_zps26b75440.jpg

20141020_220820_zps4d53d92e.jpg

20141021_002306_zpsed539e01.jpg

20141021_002316_zpsde5ad153.jpg

Edited by evssv

Not that it really matters, but it's common practice to put the males on the motor and the females on the ESC. Think of it as plugging an appliance into an electrical outlet.

Good luck with the test run, I know that feeling of anticipation all too well.

Not that it really matters, but it's common practice to put the males on the motor and the females on the ESC. Think of it as plugging an appliance into an electrical outlet.

Good luck with the test run, I know that feeling of anticipation all too well.

the motor came with sum already fitted so I only had the esc 5 to do......I've spun it up holding the rear off the kitchen table and its a bit noisey but because the spur gear is massive and I only got a 16th pinion. ....the mesh is pretty tight. ....but it worked.....test run time looming as me boy b home soon..I'll get sum vid hopefully Edited by evssv
  • Like 1

yes..same as me hyper one. :yes:.. length- 168mm width-54mm..if u look in the pic u can see a small nut by the centre diff..inside the tray on the stickey out bit...I drill through and use a small nut/bolt...and theres a tab u can jus make out at the other end of the tray..hope this helps dude..jus uploadin the vid of first run....well I tried to film and drive...not very easy...

Edited by evssv

i thk i need a bigger pinion as its well slow.......but i cant fit anything bigger then the 16 as  i cant move the motor over no more because the spur too big....i got a hyper centre diff and mounts coming from dollor hobbyz and a mount off mfp so i`ll beable to fit a decent size pinny....if the hyper spur is 46th what size pinny shouldi b looking at?considering its a single speed 2wd..150esc 2000kv set up..

I would be looking around 18/19 tooth region with a Hyper 7 centre diff and 46 tooth spur....should be in the region of 50mph or more with that ratio on 4 cell.

yeah thats what my hyper runs atm 46/19....I jus managed to squeeze a 16 th pinny on but its no good....I'm gonna fit the new hyper centre diff along with the new mount as mfp has made them with 3mm extra adjustment so bigger pinnys shouldn't b a problem. ......