• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New truck wanted

Rattymatty

Hi guys what's the best electric truck to buy?want something fast & fun and brushless,like the look of the kyosho DMT VE R and the HIGH bullet MT,what are your thoughts?

not the bullet...weak brushless combo in it.....and r parts easily available for the kyosho??....there's better ones to buy for sure Edited by evssv
  • Like 1

What is there to get?

as in ur other post....whats ur budget? ...what do u like mt? Truggy? Buggy?sc?.......new?...2nd hand?...hpi savage, x, xl,xs,octane..blitze..firestrom...vorza...trophy truggy or buggy.......traxxas revo...t maxx...slayer....rustler....jato....slash......hong nor....dont know there names butthey do buggys n truggys.....haboa hyper 7...7.5...8...9....hyper st truggy..........

Shall I go on?????

Edited by evssv

Finding a new rc is as easy as watching youtube you soon learn the names of the rcs then you just Google them followed by topic you want.

Unboxing videos are always good too.

I usually search like.

Rc name.

Reputation of model

Parts supply and upgrades avaliable

Durability and versatility

Prices from new to used on ebay.

These threads will always be the same thing over and over again people will post what rc they like the most which isn't always the one the op will like.

YouTube channel rc nightmare is great because they Show nearly every rc released but not the most recent.

• Like 1

Check out the Vaterra Halix 1/10 MT.

BigSquidRC has a good review and hop up series on it.

I recently got one and highly recommend it.

It's a large 1/10, takes 2S & 3S lipos, looks good, bashes well and is fast - had mine up to 85km/hr.

Also comes with Spektrum TX and AVC RX. 

No worries Rattymatty

Got mine off Ebay from an Aussie hobby shop over east.

Did a bucket load of research on this and other similar trucks before purchase.

My brother has a Tmax and a mate has the Stampede but they all reckon the Halix poops all over them.

Only thing I've done to mine is put a motor heatsink with fan on, bumped up to 38WT shock oil and put a 18T pinion (AU$2) to run 3S lipos with cooler temps. It still hammers on 2S though.

If got any questions just let me know mate.

Nice car, had a look at it myself but decided on a MT rather than a buggy/truck.

For the same price I would get a 4WD basher able to handle 3S and the bonus of AVC.

Even at 1/8 the Glamis is same size as 1/10 Halix just without the ride height.

Check out the BigSquidRC review on the Glamis Fear.

Let us know how you go.

Yep I think I'm going to get the fear,I love the look of it and it's got loads of good reviews,other good thing is it comes with everything you need including 2s lipo &charger for