• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

King motor looking at getting one

chester-lad

http://www.rcmodelz.co.uk/rc-cars/king-motor-km-002c-baja-buggy-30-5.html

This one better . ?

Can I just use it with out upgrading parts every 5 minutes . The Carb is clone isn't it ?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I got that one :) a great buggy IMO

Will benefit from alloy clutch carrier,front and rear shock braces though can be used without

Alloy clutch carrier is a must if it's not already fitted.

Also worth binning the clone carb and buying a Walbro. Then add your remote killswitch. None of these are expensive, and they are all simple and quick things to fit which will make your car a lot easier to live with.

The rest is a whole world of shiny bolt on bits which you can drool over or ignore as you choose :)

Hi mate, I got a KM and my only gripe is that stuff comes loose and falls off...they don't seem to tighten things up on crucial parts like sups. and steering but the then thread lock the Hell out of pull-start covers!

When I got mine the diff had dumped its oil in to the box even tho I asked KM in NY to check it over before shipping...they sent out a freebie diff but all the original needed was the two little o-rings replacing, the factory bod had done both filler plugs up and nipped the seals.

So, 4/10 on build quality but 10/10 value for money.

Mike.

Common story with KM Bajas.

Mine came with a smelly oily substance in the diff, and not a lot of grease in the gearbox. Was virtually devoid of threadlock.

I always advise buyers to strip and overhaul the back end of the car, fill the diff with good quality silicon diff oil and properly grease the gearbox gears. Then use threadlock on any metal/metal fasteners on the car. They are decent cars....but the KM QC checks are sloppy.

Aside from that, it's been great....and they are well worth the money. Just need a bit of a check over that you wouldn't have to do if you paid twice the money for an HPI one .... .er...possibly.

Common story with KM Bajas.

Mine came with a smelly oily substance in the diff, and not a lot of grease in the gearbox. Was virtually devoid of threadlock.

I always advise buyers to strip and overhaul the back end of the car, fill the diff with good quality silicon diff oil and properly grease the gearbox gears. Then use threadlock on any metal/metal fasteners on the car. They are decent cars....but the KM QC checks are sloppy.

Aside from that, it's been great....and they are well worth the money. Just need a bit of a check over that you wouldn't have to do if you paid twice the money for an HPI one .... .er...possibly.

possibly isnt the word lol

This is a bit off tangent, But I wonder if the cloner's are given enough respect for what they are and do, They possibly get more from the general hobbyist who don't go to deep into it, But from the hard core, Especially the Hpi brigade, I still think they get a raw deal, Even after all these years.

I have never gone along with the whole evil clone argument, The waters are way to muddy, Anyone that makes a part for a Baja and doesn't pay Hpi a licence fee, Is a cloner in my eyes. Go on the Baja Forum and they have a sticky saying they don't support clones, Yet they have whole sub forums devoted to after market parts,hop-up's, And the companies that make them, If I build a Baja from parts bought from these companies, Could I talk about that over there.

Anyway, That's another story, When I said respect, I was really talking about the original things they have done, Thing's like the KM T2000

lg-859462-0-7587.jpg

Can't honestly say what it's like or how it go's, But a lot of thought and engineering has gone into it, A lot more than anyone would expect from a so called Chinese cloning company.

There is also the Rovan 600fc, Whatever is said about Rovan, Again like KM, They have made an effort, Which is something Hpi seem incapable of doing when it comes to the Baja. 

T1wkhwXBBhXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg

KM and Rovan have come a long way in the past few years, And no doubt it's all going to start again once the Rovan LT hits home, (Not sure of the colour).

b_2014624101542519.jpg

Or the KM X2

20147302256370976.jpg

So, All respect to them, And long may it continue, Cos I love a cheap strong clone, It's my money, And I'll spend it as I see fit, And the less the better.

• Like 1