• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hawks Kyosho Ultima RB GP re-vamp!

b_hawk111

Thought i would start a show off for my kyosho buggy :)

I think i bought this about 13 years old, and it has been well used through the years, two engines, multiple servos and receivers, then i got given a complete donor car by my cousin which fixed mine up properly and also fitted his shell as mine was completly battered!

That was a few years ago now and ive more recently stripped it back to components and cleaned and rebuilt the whole car, with brand new servos, 2.4 ghz radio gear and got it running spot on.

20140831_180628.jpg

20140831_180536.jpg

20140831_180553.jpg

20140831_180541.jpg

after getting the chassis looking so good I decided it could really do with a new body shell to match! 

So after searching I found an origional unpainted un-cut new in packet body shell and wing set :)

2014-09-07135539.jpg

2014-09-07135627.jpg

Got it cut out this afternoon and fitted to make sure its all good and not going to rub too much! 

2014-09-07160103.jpg

2014-09-07160108.jpg

Ive got myself a can of nitro block, and will be picking up a can of silver for it at some point soon, and then just on the hunt for the original decal sheet, once its all painted it will get sho gooed and taped to keep it strong and make sure it doesn't rub the paint off, then i should have myself a shelf queen of my first proper model!

on another note out of the donor car I plan to try and do a DIY leccy conversion As i have no engine for it :)

• 2 weeks later...

Got this all painted and finnaly pulled the clear film off tonight!

Started off with some tamiya ps12 paint

Backed with clear nitro block to try and protect it if I ever run it!

20140913_212320.jpg

20140914_215041.jpg

20140915_210139.jpg

sprayed up before removing the mask!

20140915_214906.jpg

Mask coming off!

And then stickers going on!

20140915_215105.jpg

20140915_220554.jpg

Should have the rest done tonight and time for test fit!

and its done! 

just finished putting the last decals on this evening, cut the holes back out through the decals, cleaned up all the wheels and then fitted everything on the chassis! 

2014-09-19204021.jpg

2014-09-19204046.jpg

2014-09-19204038.jpg

2014-09-19204058.jpg

I think it looks great! as good as it did the day I bought it 13 years ago :) its all packed away again until it gets pride of place in my new garage :) 

Looks real good, gives me inspiration to sort mine out, body's beat up and painted black I even fitted a double chassis plate to mine to give it strength at the front, It always seemed to bend up I also refitted a new gx15 engine last year but I don't seem to run it much these days shame really it was my first nitro rc.

Looks real good, gives me inspiration to sort mine out, body's beat up and painted black I even fitted a double chassis plate to mine to give it strength at the front, It always seemed to bend up I also refitted a new gx15 engine last year but I don't seem to run it much these days shame really it was my first nitro rc.

cheers! 

i just decided the other day it really deserved a new shell after the beating it took over the years! 

i didn't think about fitting a second chassis plate to it,

I've just built up my spare but its going to take some modifying as the rear gearbox is ruined and cant seem to find a gear set anywhere! but to strengthen that I am going to cut a piece of chequer plate to the same size and bolt it on the bottom :) 

• 4 years later...

Hi I know this thread is old, but basically my father recently passed and I have inherited this car, the shell is in bad shape as well as the tyres but runs great still. Was wondering where you managed to get your parts as cannot find them anywhere! Thanks in advance!

Edited by ChazzaBacka

6 minutes ago, ChazzaBacka said:

Hi I know this thread is old, but basically my father recently passed and I have inherited this car, the shell is in bad shape as well as the tyres but runs great still. Was wondering where you managed to get your parts as cannot find them anywhere! Thanks in advance!

I struggled to be honest, I think I got the shell off ebay in the End, the sticker set I managed to track down to a little independant model shop somewhere in the UK, as far as I could tell it was the last advertised set! 

Sorry I can't be more help, they are great little cars, but mine is just a shelf queen now!!