• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

feel my wraith! beware 56k users - pic heavy

hi guys and gals, decided after a little bit of deliberation to jump in and purchase a used axial wraith, got the her home and her she is.

20140903_213758_zpsf57f261f.jpg

shes been well used but im sure we can bring some life back into her. i couldnt help notice it was very heavy. too heavy it thought. on closer inspection i found this

20140903_220558_zps105699de.jpg

20140903_220625_zps09b04f9b.jpg

there is loads and loads of stick on weight stuck under the bonnet. on the side rails. theres loads. i think i got my moneys worth in scrap value. Even the wheels are weighted too, wow. someone had some spare weights lol

• Like 1

woooow soemone went really over board with the weights there but atleast they thought it might help it crawl over stuff better without tipping over 

erm yeah just a tad, i have been knwo toweight the wheels but weighting bonnet? and chassis that high cant have been good.

I hate you.

I want WRAITHHH.

Must pull my finger out and go put some cash in the bank :lol:

ahhh bud not good jealousy doesnt suit ya lol

There's 3 pictures, how's that picture heavy lol?

Love the gears of war design, even if the previous owner didn't quite understand how to curb his weight addiction!

i planned on documenting by  a lot of pics. at min it isnt but it will be shortly pal. the wraith now weighs nothing lol

I came on here wanting loads of pictures that you promised and now I feel you owe the forum more ;)

thanks pal. just to keep you busy here is some more pics of me stripping the hand made and quite honest used and abuse body set off.

20140903_221508_zpsb2681740.jpg

im thinking this looks like gutted mesh..... am i wrong?

20140903_222030_zpsdd69196c.jpg

im glad the rear part has been removed already im planning on sloping that back to make look a tad better.

looking a tad bare now.

20140903_222039_zpsd24804df.jpg

20140903_222044_zpse69bb49d.jpg

Now when i was stipping it down, i noticed a few things. the tyres which are the proline super swampers. very nice soft grippy tyres are glued (quite badly ) to the used and abuse standard rims. hmmmm a little poking and prying and one is nearly off and the other are very well stuck. better raid the man shed and see what we got to get these off. as i dont want to ruint he decent tyres.

As a fellow wraith owner I can tell you straight up you are going to have so much fun with it. I haven't been able to enjoy my wraith half as much I want to working away at sea but i do love using it.

I highly recommend upgrading the C-hubs and knuckles as they help a lot with the technical side, make all the inputs extremely precise. 

As a fellow wraith owner I can tell you straight up you are going to have so much fun with it. I haven't been able to enjoy my wraith half as much I want to working away at sea but i do love using it.

I highly recommend upgrading the C-hubs and knuckles as they help a lot with the technical side, make all the inputs extremely precise. 

cheers pal im hoping it is that good, i have run scx's for a while but fancied a change.

Been a busy day, wheels off. and time to tackle getting the badly glued tyres off the battered standard wheels. called into my local LHS and got some unlocked for undoing CA glue.........took some time but they are done. The foams are a little tatty but will do for now. The glue unlocker stuff certainly worked a treat.

tyres drying out nicely. but when i took the inserts out.....woooow how big do they need to be lol

20140906_184906_zps8bfae838.jpg

they cleaned up nice as the stunk of dirty ditch water or something. was getting ready to puke.

and i found more weight. :shockingscary:

20140906_185401_zpsbf2ae132.jpg

gonna cash it all in and get some coin back lol i added up all the weights, i have got 196 x 5 gram weights. which is a heft 1kg give or take a few grams. no wonder it weighed a lot.

new oem 2.2 beadlocks arrived today, bust them out of the box.

20140908_154154_zpsw69j6eva.jpg

and after nearly an hour fiddling these suckers wont sit in the bead and no matter how tight i do them up they pop...... back to drawing board either its new wheels time or new tyres to suit the wheels. even considering just flogging it as it is im that fed up, money money money, what to do......

new oem 2.2 beadlocks arrived today, bust them out of the box.

20140908_154154_zpsw69j6eva.jpg

and after nearly an hour fiddling these suckers wont sit in the bead and no matter how tight i do them up they pop...... back to drawing board either its new wheels time or new tyres to suit the wheels. even considering just flogging it as it is im that fed up, money money money, what to do......

The problem is the TSL's

If you read on other crawler/scaler forums they have a massive incomparability with a lot of wheels. There is a mod that is retentively cheap with PVC pipe that allows you to mount them. Write up found here.

Alternatively and more expensive is VP OMF rings that can be seen here

It is probably the only downside to buying used... you almost always end up stripping and changing / refreshing or renewing a big chunk of the truck and it almost never ends up being the bargain it started out to be.

It wouldn't be a hobby then though would it... 

• Like 1

Could always flog the ones you've got and buy some pre-mounted? Then you know they fit.

i really want the proline super swampers pal. i havent seen any pre mounted yet, but i after speaking to a fair few people and some more research, they should fit fine on standard wraith wheels. as they are made for proline tyres, the problem lies with rc4wd wheels and proline tyres, which is the same as pitbulls. which fit fine on standard scx wheels but are a proper PITA to fit to oems (rc4wd) as they pop the beads to easy. There 2,2 oems will be up for sale soon. as i dont i will get to use them now.

i really want the proline super swampers pal. i havent seen any pre mounted yet, but i after speaking to a fair few people and some more research, they should fit fine on standard wraith wheels. as they are made for proline tyres, the problem lies with rc4wd wheels and proline tyres, which is the same as pitbulls. which fit fine on standard scx wheels but are a proper PITA to fit to oems (rc4wd) as they pop the beads to easy. There 2,2 oems will be up for sale soon. as i dont i will get to use them now.

My bulls where straight forward on the OEMS. The problem with Pits and OEMS is solely 1.9 

09iq.jpg

wv1k.jpg

hln6.jpg

Edited by Andyking

yey the post man has been.

new light bar wooooooo, a little long then expected but looks quality.

20140916_202305_zpsmrfzyrd7.jpg

20140916_202814_zpsm1bbnrsk.jpg

will need to find suitable mount for it. It is a 12v light bar. and i have run it on a 3s lipo which also arrived today.

20140916_202341_zpserqwhk5m.jpg

And holy christ i still got the light mark when i close my eyes now.

TOP TIP : dont look into a 12 light bar.

:shockingscary:

• Like 1