• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

ZMR Carbon Fiber 250 class mini quad

baorevo

After biting the bullit and buying in on the ZMR chassis ..................i cant wait to get it in the air !!!

This is the chassis

http://www.banggood.com/H250-ZMR250-250mm-Carbon-Fiber-Mini-Quadcopter-Multicopter-Frame-Kit-p-933185.html

its a 250 class quad and is aimed at fpv flight and ive got all the gear for that :)

heres a pic of it nearly finished  (nearly because i wired an esc backwards and poof magic smoke !!!!) im waiting for a new esc at the moment.....

IMG_20140831_130648_zps400eb793.jpg

And next to a 450 

IMG_20140830_210946_zps3893d682.jpg

the heart of it is the new apm mini 3.1 , a flight controler fully loaded but really small to fit in the beast ;)

Here it is next to a kk2 

IMG_20140831_130623_zpsc2f35606.jpg

it will be at least 2 weeks before i get the parts i need to finish so i will be eagerly watching out for the postie lol

250 quads are magic! Ideal for flying around like a loon, strong enough to withstand a few bumps and scrapes :) I keep telling myself no FPV but am struggling to convince... ;)

I have the minimosd ;)  

the quad is completely built now apart from missing an esc so im blocked 

IMG_20140901_010641_zps6ee0fc7b.jpg

leds front and back as its the same front as the back (very confusing)

IMG_20140831_225047_zpsfc28bbd9.jpg

FPV gear has been fitted  so all i need now is an esc lol silly eh

• 2 weeks later...

the rest of my orders came in so i finished the mini and its all ready and tested , i tried it out in a gale lol it was all over the place but it flies.

its been blowing a gale for 3 days straight so no flying :( ....

IMG_20140912_164114_zps0574c3d4.jpg

and as its going to be fpv low flying i stocked up on gemfan 5x3 lol , this lot should tide me over for a couple of days 

IMG_20140912_154529_zps1168d7d2.jpg

The build was a little frustrating as the flight controler is so small and the mini apm wiring is not at all like the full size apm 2.6 and as its just really come out theres not a lot of info but i found what i needed..

Cheers ,Being short on batts I tried some 2200 mAh out of my phantom ...Wee bit 'lardy' but did fly

Preferred the 1400mAh nano tech it came with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by S40bul