• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Question About This Charger

TheRcBoy50

So I was thinking if I got a Battery that is 4000mah on this charger what would I set the amps to 3.5 or 5 I have read that for every 1,000 mah it is 1amp am I correct?, also if I leave it overnight will it automatically stop when battery is full.?

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/fusion-vector-nx85-delta-peak-ac-dc-charger/rc-car-products/37637

Or if I have a 3000mah do I set it to 3.5 or 2.

Generally 1 amp per 1000mah as you said but this is more important for lipo batteries and chargers so because you are interested in this I take it you have nimh batteries.

When I was using my nimh charger I used to charge the batteries at 5 amps all the time. As long as the batteries don't get too hot to hold your hand on you should be ok. If your batteries feel hot to the touch reduce the amps.

Don't leave your batteries on overnight or unattended. That charger is a peak charger so it will turn to trickle charging once the battery is full however, it is still charging and it's just not worth a possible fire.

The amp setting on the knob on he front is the charge rate.

If you set it to 1amp and try to charge a 5000mah battery that would take in theory 5 hours.

You divide the mah of the battery by 1000 to get it in amps.

So again a 3300mah battery (3.3amps) would take 3.3 hours at 1amp

If you charge a 5000mah battery at 2amps that would take 2.5 hours,get the idea?

I wouldn't charge any battery overnight to be honest just to be on the safe side although with this charger that shouldn't be needed anyway.

Also I have found if you try and charge a battery at too higher amps it can cause a false charge,the charger thinks that the battery has peaked (charged) when in fact it hasn't.

Thanks for the help, so it doesn't matter if I put a 3000mah to 5amps, also, I am going to buy a 5000mah NiMH battery and set it to 5amps it will be ok, but what if I get a 3000mah what would I set it to, 3.5 or 2, how will I know when the battery is fully charged, sorry the silly questions I'm not used to this sort of thing.

Thanks for the help, so it doesn't matter if I put a 3000mah to 5amps, also, I am going to buy a 5000mah NiMH battery and set it to 5amps it will be ok, but what if I get a 3000mah what would I set it to, 3.5 or 2, how will I know when the battery is fully charged, sorry the silly questions I'm not used to this sort of thing.

Again in theory all okay but you will need to keep an eye on them as they charge.

They will get warm but if they start to get too warm it could be a sign you are charging them at too higher rate.

My Fusion charger used to beep when it was done so I would assume this does the same,even if it doesn't there will more than likely be some sort of indicator light that either goes on or off to showing charging is done.

If you do a search on Google you will probably be able to find the instructions for it somewhere.

my advice would be a multi charger, they can fill up lipo - life - nicad - nihm - lead batterys.

6v-12-24v lead acid batterys we use in rc to mostly boats or to start up big aircraft.

nicad-nihm we use in starters like roto starts and in newcomer kits - rtr models

lipo's and life ( li-po for machine - li-fe for handset ) , these battery are more specalist

for the hobbyist wanting pure raw volts and amps, they are a high discharge battery.

overtime you will wish you had more speed-power , and your quest will lead you right into lipo batterys.

so owning a multicharger will be more than the first step. 

what i have charged with my multicharger. 

12v car batterys x3

6v lantern batterys x8

lipo batterys well over the 100+charge

nicad-nihm, i love these pop in a rechargable pump it full tv remote works again.

no more robbing the hifi batterys for the tv , or the tv batterys to make the clock work.

the best part, my house no longer has a battery charger draw, where a bunch of chargers sit

and its a 50-50 lucky dip for the right one lol. now i just have a multicharger draw and one item in it

Edited by Tamiyacowboy
  • Like 1