• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Dual ESC question...

yoodoo

I have aquired a boar with no rudder but two screws.Now the way the boat steers is one prop turn faster than the other but I have searched the net and there is no ESC that can do this......or is there??

I have pondered with the idea of a single screw and a rudder but that would spoil the scale appearance.Can anyone shed light on this?

Thanks. :thumbsup:

Your esc has nothing to do with that mate the Esc powers the reciever which in turn sends power to the servos

No,an ESC is an Electronic Speed Control.It powers the the motors.A BEC ,Battery Eliminator Circuit powers the receiver in most cases,this normally is built into the speed controller although you can get external ones.I think you are thinking about nitro powered vehicles where they don't need speed controllers.

Thanks for the reply anyway. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have a similar problem with a bait boat. I have twin impellers but the control system seems to be bespoke for the bait boat.

I have been told a ACTion P94 lite will do what you want it acts as a mixer, there web site is very good and it does show you the various layout of the bits needed.

Just google action electronics you should find it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Hope you don't mind me hijacking this old post but it sounds exactly what I want to do. I have a very old Monteleone boat from about 1975 that I want to customise. It has two propellors with their own motors. It was controlled via a long cable and it could be steered by pressing buttons on the handset. It didn't even have reverse so if it went too far and I couldn't steer it to turn round, I had to pull the boat back using the cable! My father did fit a switch to the handset which allowed it to reverse the motors.

What I want to do is customise it so it is properly radio remote controlled. I have limited experience with an FTX Carnage brushless car and want to be able to use a similar set up on the boat. I would like to use the existing motors but don't know their power/voltages (yet) or even if they still work after 44 years. This isn't essential though and would be happy to use two new motors.

I envisage using a transmitter similar to the one that comes with the FTX Carnage (a steering wheel and trigger). Steering with the wheel obviously and the trigger to go forwards, brake and reverse. Bearing in mind that the steering wheel would need to increase power to the appropriate motor as there is no rudder and I don't want to add a rudder. The boat doesn't need to go fast!

I've heard that I need to be able to set up "mixing" but if this means having to buy an expensive transmitter, I may just scrap the idea completely.

Could I do all this simply by purchasing the cheapest RC boat from Modelsport (the Volantex RC Tumbler for £35)? Or will I need two ESCs, two motors (maybe even buy two Volantex RC Tumblers?). Will the receiver need to be more advanced?

I will try and put photos on here.

Thanks in anticipation of any help

Tim

• 1 year later...