• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Team C Tr8e finished build photos

Lo08nyb

Hi guys,

Recently built a team c tr8e!

Wanted to share some photos as have had allot of input from the members on the forum.

It's running a HW SC8 esc paired with a turnigy 2100kv 4 pole brushless motor on 4s lipos and absima cr3p radio gear.

Let me know your thoughts!

829864b20a61152f364ffbe3fa54da4c.jpg

9a551189c920b329bb064a5423392c2b.jpg66e6b51b1aacd4bf4573631a8e12ddae.jpgb5207e940f89641c4259ed6f022636c1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Running on a 18t pinion with motor temps at around 64c and esc at 49c.

Was toying with the idea of bumping up one or two teeth but I'm happy with how it's set up in terms of power....for now!

Next on the list is firmer springs, heavier shock oil, new body shell, and a couple of small upgrades.

Little unsure on what oil I should wack in the shocks, they sag a little and suspension is quite soft and unsure what to do with them!

Yes, I know what you mean about soft suspension. Mine slaps the floor like a beeyatch. I've ordered some firmer springs as I currently have mediums on my shocks. I messed around with the holes in my shock pistons so its still quite soft with 60wt oil but at least the damping is even front to back on mind now (it wasn't before). I'll be getting some heavier oil when the springs arrive next week.

As for temps, I don't have a clue. I just know my motor can get quite hot. I have an 18t pinion on it now but I bought a 16t too but I have yet to try it out. Maybe I should get a temp gun too as I could also use it to measure how angry my wife is with me by aiming it at her forehead.

Yeah a temp gun is worth the small investment, 20 quid is much cheaper than building a new burnt out car lol

I got mine from maplins it's like a laser pen was only 15 quid and didn't have to wait for royal fail to deliver!

Need to order some shock oil will tend to that tomorrow I think!

For bodyshell the t8v3 nitro one can just about fit you just need the nitro side guards so it's all a tight fit then and make sure you get the right springs the nitro firm are like the standard ones you have now also try the inclined hole pistons there fairly cheap on eBay oh and here's the link to all the upgrade parts available to you http://www.teamcracing.net/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=50&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=71.

You'll notice when you look at the other team c cars most use the same parts as your tr8e like the gt cars apart from the chassis and centre diff the only other parts different are the shocks and shock towers that's why I have the truggy aswell and I've just won a gt8 for

That tr8v3 shell is pretty. I do like the cab forward designs...

Have no idea! Just the stock stuff.

Will check tomorrow see what's in there at the moment...

Oh, they came pre filled?

• Like 1

For bodyshell the t8v3 nitro one can just about fit you just need the nitro side guards so it's all a tight fit then and make sure you get the right springs the nitro firm are like the standard ones you have now also try the inclined hole pistons there fairly cheap on eBay oh and here's the link to all the upgrade parts available to you http://www.teamcracing.net/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=50&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=71.

You'll notice when you look at the other team c cars most use the same parts as your tr8e like the gt cars apart from the chassis and centre diff the only other parts different are the shocks and shock towers that's why I have the truggy aswell and I've just won a gt8 for

I had read about this too. I believe the diff outdrives are redesigned for the T8(T)E over the TR8(T)E.

The TR8TE sold by Absima and Team C is the same ans the Ansmann Deuce. You might find more info under that name too.

Cheers mate, I'll keep an eye on them.

May need upgrading as well!

Postman brought me some goodies today! New shell, stiffer springs, and a upgraded front wishbone bracket :)

Just fitted the new shocks going to leave the plastic bracket in till it fails which I'm sure won't be too long.

Just doing some work on the tr8e and noticed that the out drives coming from the diffs are showing wear already! 120b533035c18c4228da657696f79ba7.jpg

c0359fc31f425b23a748a8feaefca142.jpge9872890aa93f3dd6db072cf645c3f84.jpg

Is this something that should be happening already!!

/quote]

That's crazy, you've only had a few packs through it. Can you get hardened out drives?

I fear those outdrives might be made of chinesium!!!

I was so close to pulling the trigger on a TR8TE, but I've decided to swap my e-slayer back into an e-revo and then truggify it with an LCG chassis.

I want my truggy to be able to handle 5S without melting the drivetrain!

Hi Optimus,

That's what I'm going to check out, my local

Hobby shop is now stocking team c parts.

I'm heading down to the track on Friday afternoon to try it out for the first time and I'll see what the guy at the shop thinks and see if I can get some hardened ones!

• Like 1

The steel on the t8e are all hardened and last longer I will do a comparison video for you guys if you want all these cars are the same its slight differences that they have done to each check Asiatees for t8e for the cvd shafts and the diff outdrives are these http://www.asiatees.com/display?Team-C-T8E-Parts-Hop-Ups-Upgrades&brand=Team%20C&model=T8E&id=78846&pid=1 you need two of these for front and rear diffs and one of these for centre http://www.asiatees.com/display?Team-C-T8E-Parts-Hop-Ups-Upgrades&brand=Team%20C&model=T8E&id=78859&pid=1

• Like 1