• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

help what is this?

mikmoo

Fg touring car very cool if it is but they have zenhoa 23cc engines standard with a good condition shell and running they can get fairly good money ide guess

• Like 1

The fuel tank looks different to the fg sport line and carson c5 but I might have seen modern version.

Do you play to keep this they sound great when drifting with screeching and a tire smoke. The pipe looks good could be worse. I bet with an top end to get more cc it should fly.

Decide which shells to keep the reinforce all of them and tart them up nice then ebay them they surly get good money even used mayb

there about as bad as it gets in stock form .. butt that one has a better engine and exhaust  .. don't think you will get a lot for it as thy were under

Ive been out with it tonight its pretty fast compared to my others. But wish it wasn't as low to the floor. Bit limited to where I can use it. Is there any way I could make it higher. Also at top speed it bogs and cuts out unless I build it up slowly.

if the XRC company did a truck version. its possible it will have more higher stance.

giving the tyre ID and a longer set of arm units. 

to be honest, what you have here is a carpark racer - giant scale touring racer.

get to the local tesco/sainsbury carpark and let the beast go. you will find it changes alot when given

good blackstuff to run on and those race slicks get heat into them and stickied up.

people would give a right arm ( would give the left but its knackered) to go from a 1/10th hobby grade 

to a full on 1-5th onroad race chassis. 

options if you keep it are a all round brake kit. better stopping gives you driving confidence.

shells dont worry much they get hammered when learning, large scale do not stop on a nail like a nitro-leccy.

I WOULD get rid of that alloy cased air filter, do not go the cone shaped metal rubbish you see on motorbikes.

get yourself a decent 5th scale filter unit ( bikes ones are not cut out for the job and the K&N filters are pony to).

a fuel can red in color marked up RC fuel only, and with the mixing ratio wrote on the side.

one last piece of gear you need and thats a kill switch unit.

• Like 1

I disagree in regards to the filters.

Those filters are perfectly fine on on-road cars as the dust and sand normally encountered by a off road is limited. The amount of crud that would be chucked into the air on tarmac will not be enough to damage the engine using one of those style filters.

On dusty or sandy ground it's another story but those cars cannot go off-road so it's not a relevant suggestion.

• Like 1

Took it out again tonight on car park. Was brilliant runs lots better when its heated up. Think the engine could do with tweaking a bit tho. Started doing up 1 of the shells is it ok to spray the outside or is it a case of stripping the inside and re spray.