• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Slash 4x4 playing up

My first Slash 4x4,(not ultimate one) is playing up. Speed halved, still original ESC, motor and gearing (13/54). Makes a rattling noise either with driveshaft at rear or near gearing/motor. May take video if that helps? Hitting 27mph on the iPhone speed telemetry.

Tried checking gearing, slipper clutch, but nothing done there fixes it. When pulling throttle the esc flashes green, but not sure if it usually does it, not checking on ultimate version yet.

Any ideas? Thanks.

The stock ESC has something called training mode, it turns the speed down to 50%. By the sounds of things you have activated training mode, have a look in the manual as I don't know how to turn it off.

That wouldnt cause it to rattle tho mate. Still its easy to eliminate the possibility. If it isnt try to locate the rattle by pushing it by hand. Or checking the driveline from motor to diffs.

Doesnt the slash have an issue with the bearing in the motor mount?

Slipper clutch came loose is a possible one too.

The diff ring gears would be my next check point.

Let's hope its the training mode and loose slipper clutch which would be nice and simple.

The traxxas slash 4x4 is my next rc once I've rebuilt this fg monster and bashed it then im going to move it on for a nice slash

Then with the slash buy the rally parts and build a fast rc the versatility and ease of upgrades of the slash is awesome.

Is that profile pic you and bruce Willis lol I thought it was a cage fighting promo then saw the gun holster lol. Bruce willis is a true action-man now adays not too many elites around we have jason stathum but hes an ex dancing diver whos trying too hard to act yank in movies.

The days of willis , arnie and sty was the best.

Sorry to go off topic my meds kick in this time of night so I waffle alot and dont remember the nect day lol.

Lol @RCB yeah that's me and Bruce, at Madam Tus. I think I look more like him now I've lost some more weight!

I fixed it, I reset the TQi and all was well. I adjusted the slipper clutch and made sure all was good and then did quick check over.

Thanks.