• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tamiya Sandscorcher Issues

smudgersmith

Hi, hope you can help.... I have a Tamiya Sandscorcher (pro built) which I have just put batteries in.

I have followed instructions but the receiver unit just constantly beeps and flashes despite trying to press the set button.... The car then revs up and steers left to right uncontrollably..... Tries to smash itself against my foot before I can turn it off again.

They are brand new batteries installed, but as pro built I have no idea about connectors etc.....

PLEASE HELP

THANKS

Disconnect the motor first, that will at least stop it running away on you.

Go back to the basics first.

1. Check your batteries are fully charged for the car and good in the controller.

2. Has the RX been bound to the TX or if it's 27meg, do the crystals match and are they fitted correctly? (There should be one marked t or TX and the other r or RX) and is the aerial stood up straight.

3. Have you set up the speed controller?

4. When you switch it all on, do it transmitter first, wait a few seconds then connect up the car battery and switch that on.

If the answer to all these is yes then it may be a faulty RX.

Edited by tonysmini

Welcome to the forum :)

It sounds to me as if it might be the speed controller.

You say that it turns left and right and moves/revs? Sounds like the radio gear are working on that note...I'm very certain it's the ESC that needs calibrating - Dead simple to do and won't take very long!

Is there any chance you could upload a picture of the chassis,and also note the model number for the ESC?

:good: