• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Maz's 2nd Hyper ST Pro brushless build

MAZ

I originally bought a second Hyper ST Pro as a donor car for my other brushless ST

However, when it arrived and I'd had a chance to look it over properly I just couldnt bring myself to cannibalise it for parts lol

So I got a new rx battery, got the engine running and it pretty much worked flawlessly :)

Thing is - nitro is messy and noisy, the engine in it hasn't got a pullstart so you need to use a starterbox, I tried tuning the engine but I messed with the linkages too much and couldn't get it how I wanted it. Kids, work, busy busy busy = not enough time to do anything lol

Its just been sitting on my shelf gathering dust and I've been thinking of selling it but figured I'd convert it to leccy first then see how I feel about it :)

Here's what I've got for the conversion so far...

Nitro hyper st pro (with a very pink shell - that's how it arrived, honest!)

20140823_142847_zps5084dc4c.jpg

20140823_143220_zpse90d0816.jpg

A hobbywing 150a esc and a leopard 4274 2000kv motor (currently part of a TT MTA4 conversion thats been put on the back burner for a while....quite a while actually)

20140823_135355_zps30d46461.jpg

A motor mount that I picked up from ebay - there was a guy selling these mounts on here at one point but I don't think many sold, saw them on ebay at a later date and ended up getting one for a good price, even though I didn't need it at the time

20140823_135234_zps8075670c.jpg

20140823_135150_zps924f4109.jpg

I picked these T-bones up from ebay the other day for the bank busting price of around 6 quid!

20140823_135315_zps43081cf3.jpg

Some hub extenders with hobao dustcap hexes

20140823_145652_zps91a2c3ce.jpg

The shocks on the ST are hong nor 16mm big bores with some absima/team c brushless springs which need refilling with some much heavier shock oil.

The diffs all need refilling as I haven't touched them at all and I think the last owner had used some really light oil in them

I have some tyres that'll need ungluing then belting

Think I'll start by stripping it down and giving it a good clean up :)

Edited by MAZ
  • Like 3

The motor mount for the ST looks nice and solid. Where did you get the ally bracket for the other side of the diff? I could do with one of those for my 7 provided they are the same height as the hyper 8 motor mount I have.

Also, did you want that bracket for the body mount? I still have the first version I made.

The motor mount for the ST looks nice and solid. Where did you get the ally bracket for the other side of the diff? I could do with one of those for my 7 provided they are the same height as the hyper 8 motor mount I have.

Also, did you want that bracket for the body mount? I still have the first version I made.

I can't find a link to the centre diff mount - I've had this one for ages, but I'll keep looking round for a part number :)

Yeah I'd like that body mount, pm me your paypal addy :)

Thanks buddy. The silver ones look like the ones to get and will be going on my watch list for next payday.

Check your pm.