• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

hyper7 brushless conversion

glen

Hey guys I was lucky enough to pick up 2 hyper7 rollers in good condition an seeing as I have just finished my ansmann virus brushless conversion for bashing I was thinking about doing up one of the hyper7's for racing an speed runs (fun). Has anyone done a conversion using the castle creations mumba monster it would be mainly run on 4s but would like to throw a 6s in every now and then for some fast speed runs. If I had the cash id set up a hyper7 for speed an the other for racing leaving the ansmann virus for bashing

Don't think you'll be the first using MMM but for occasional 6s it's probably overkill. The hobbywing 150a stuff seems decent enough, depends on how hard you're intending to push it. Obviously the MMM will give more room for error and is better kit.

Its main purpose will be a full track buggy (dirt) built for racing id like to be able to eat the nitro boys as the hyper brushless will be able to enter with the nitro class an on week ends wheen a few mates come around with their erevo's an 1/5 scale baja's I will be able to either keep up or just blow em away lol. If you have the money an time to play I say ok

Fell just found out im going to get a good tax return so the wjeels are in motion to build the hyper 7 brushless. Found a castle creations combo for $250 so thats the one I'll be getting for the build also looking at some 6s lipo's but not sure if a 6s will fit under the body. I may need to run 2x 3s

Yeah I seen your mod an was going to do the same. The ansmann brushless conversion I just did has a same problem with the 4s it lifts the body on one side so im thinking 1 6s battery will will sit alot higher.