• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Best 5th scale rc for

RCTROJAN

Hello my fellow chums I have 1000 pounds today that's waiting to be spent lol XD ,,,what's the best choice with my budget ??? Fast and big XD I was thinking Losi 5 , but still think something else ??? Plz help me

I'm liking the response cheers FEEDTHEINFERNO . I'm defo going towards the Losi , but which one is faster than the Losi 5 ??? Baja ??? Or another rc , just so I can take a look before I commit in spending a grand for fun lol but tbh looks like Losi for me

I'm liking the response cheers FEEDTHEINFERNO . I'm defo going towards the Losi , but which one is faster than the Losi 5 ??? Baja ??? Or another rc , just so I can take a look before I commit in spending a grand for fun lol but tbh looks like Losi for me

I would go with a losi but be warned they take up a lot of room to work on and maintain because they are so big but that is the same with any 1/5th

• Like 1

Faster is all relevant in terms of weight, the baja is faster only because it doesn't weight as much, out of the box it will be faster but is more of a handful to work on.

The 5ive is a dream to work on and look after. The hop ups are brilliantly easy to source and the prices aren't bad

Remember though, the

• Like 1

Ohhhhhh dear ohhh dear that looks so freaking awesome XD nice one FEEDTHEINFERNO , I'm so jealous lollll yeh defo getting a kill switch I've made my mind up I'm getting the Losi. All you guys sold it to me , u guys should be reps for Losi lolll only kidding , but fab advice

They are built very well mine is for 100% bashing only thing I broke was the speed controller, anything will break if you hit something hard enough doesn't have a mcd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And anyone who has a MCD who say's its 100% a basher....hasn't hit a 5ive ;)

I never said it's 100% basher I said mine is as I don't race it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

will be interesting to see what parts break on your mcd md just by running it for fun, ok for petrol, but brushless will find the weak points, especially with that weight,  

Right ok let's end this MCD bashing sillyness now shall we?

Here is a video of my 5ive as it used to look with its red cage.

I get distracted talking to someone next to me and park the car in the middle of the muddy track, what follows is a MCD hits the back of the Losi at speed destroying the MDC's lower front arms. I actually just drive off because I didn't see the hit at all. The only thing that brought it to my attention is after the event someone shows me this video.

Not a scratch on the 5ive at all, but a costly repair for the MCD 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NaxmDbPz6xE#t=49

Get it?

Edited by Feedtheinferno
  • Like 2

Right ok let's end this MCD bashing sillyness now shall we?

not guilty,  why should I? I own one! needs upgrading though, mine is it was my one and only choice, only 2 in the country, the other is todds, sport version though, never once thought , what if........  all I said was needs upgrading for brushless,