• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New Modelsport Website Feedback

Nick

Works fine on my Samsung S4, displays everthing fine and can log into my account with no problems.

Same with Chrome, on my S4, no obvious issues.

I personally think it's better.

cheers

KingPin

Working fine at 1920x1080 Chrome win7 64bit, except (it may be me!) where's the link to the forum?

On the right hand side of the grey bar near the bottom. ;)

• Like 1

Liking the way each model is now displayed, with all additional images easy to see. On my nexus7, none of the drop down menus (spares, customer reviews, tech specs etc) function at all, on any page :(

Mixed results. If the page loads quickly the main rotating adverts overlap the images to the side. If it loads slowly (can take some time) it adjusts and doesn't so this. Overall the site seems to load slower on my laptop but faster on my iPad. 

Overall I would say I preferred the previous site. The drop downs on over can be a little annoying so far and I have to scroll down to access some things from the menu which means if I have my mouse in the wrong place I lose the menu as I scroll.

MacBook Retina on Safari + Chrome. The Website loads faster on chrome but then has formatting issues. 

iPad Air on Safari is fine. 

It all works fine on window 8 + 7 for me in chrome at 1920x1080 + 3840x2160 respectively. 

Works fine for me on both iPhone and iPad, much easier to find things too.

Except i did notice some items have been placed under the wrong section/category - the Pro-Line Pro 2 buggy conversion kit for instance - is amongst the electric accesories, it would be better placed under hop ups or body sections to make it easier to find - improving sales of em...

So, as of this evening, no drop down menus work correctly ( Categories, Manufacturers etc) as in, the drop down opens, but nothing works when clicked, when clicking the manufacturer links at the foot of the home page, the options menu opens, but nothing on those work either

Nexus 7 on chrome

So, as of this evening, no drop down menus work correctly ( Categories, Manufacturers etc) as in, the drop down opens, but nothing works when clicked, when clicking the manufacturer links at the foot of the home page, the options menu opens, but nothing on those work eitherNexus 7 on chrome

I'm on my nexus7 as well and it works fine, did you update chrome a few weeks ago as it might be that.

I've been using it since it came out although all the bugs have gone I just hate the layout. Before it was super easy to use and everything was clear in front of you or where you wanted it. They have tried to make it complex and modern. If Modelsport read this then next time you get a new website maybe ask what its users think first FYI the forum!

Modelsport isn't alone in bringing a new website out. There are a few out there now that may look nice at first glance but simply aren't as easy to use as the previous version. I've done website design in the past and the first priority is to make it easy to use then make it look nice. Building a website that's easy to navigate takes skill. You can't just take a standard package and simply plug the product information in.

John

Alex, the nexus may have had a google update, however, I fail to see how the MS website still doesn't work?

Fortunately, I never order online, however, makes the search for parts etc a long process...

• Like 1

Im having problems with the new site.

I can not load things up at all, when i click on a item or anything for that matter it just doesnt load up all the time, if i click on say traxxas spare parts it will load up a list of spares available, but it will not let me click on any individual item so really i cant buy anything, i wanted to order some spares and new wheels for my new slash 4x4 over the bank holiday weekend but i couldnt ??

I ended up ringing them today to place my order instead, quite frustrated by it really, the layout of the site seems ok to me but if it dont work then whats the point, i cant always ring my orders through as i dont have time, i preffer to place my orders late of a night when i get home from work or early in a morning before i set off for work, neither of these times modelsport are open.

Im using a samsung galaxy s4 on the 3 network, does the same on my wi-fi as well though ??

Not tried the website on my computer yet, hopefully its fine on there its just more convienient on my phone.

Go to Electric Models > View All > Change scale filter to 1:10, it does not work. 

Also, i once told them on Facebook but they haven't done it, an adjustable price filter (like the slidey ones) as it is annoying having the fixed ones, where you can't choose

Edited by RCAdam

home page button is great when u r on the hompage, page :shockingscary:  but needs to take you home not wait for a selection when on different page imo.

that or call the button a different name.

drop down mini pages are a succes imo :)  old droppies really agravated me.  The dely is spot on imo too, old delay was making me mad (to quick/short)

When shopping I mouse with care, not 'gaming pace' fyi.

-Overall very good,. front page is

Only fault I have is when you looked at a car before all the parts and add ons for that car where listed now there's nothing I thought that was a really helpful thing to have before now I can't see what upgrades and bodyshells fit my cars hope you bring it back

Only fault I have is when you looked at a car before all the parts and add ons for that car where listed now there's nothing I thought that was a really helpful thing to have before now I can't see what upgrades and bodyshells fit my cars hope you bring it back

They are still there, just not where they used to be. They're on the right, underneath the bundle prices.

Disliking the new page, found the old one much better.

Amin. 

Why would someone downgrade like that?

As much as I love Modelsport as a company, I hate their new site and prefer to look elsewhere for parts just because of that. 

We should make a petition to make them switch back! 

Have they fixed the stock levels too lol its good for rcs but any parts it's usually on order or out. Usually shells and tires.

I agree needs more stoke please