• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New Modelsport Website Feedback

Nick

For those who use the Modelsport UK website on a regular basis, they've just released a new website! It has lots of new functional improvements. :)

If you have any issues, for example errors, browser incompatibility or just feedback please post them here. :)

Please remember to include your browser if you have issues viewing it.

www.modelsport.co.uk

The larger adverts on the left of the main site overlap the sections on the right (marked in yellow below):

X8h1nJy.jpg

I think it's a good change.No doubt it'll need a little time adjusting to it,but it works for me :good:

Ps: Capri beat me to it :lol: 

• Like 1

Win 7  + Firefox ....

'home' page is dominated by ads same as above. They don;t cycle like before either, I just get the same 3.5 adverts. They are also way too dominant.

As long as I stay away from the 'home' page, it all looks nice to my eyes.

edit:

If I refresh the page once it's loaded, it sorts itself....just not when it first loads

I think it looks very dated. Modern websites have a clean, fresh look to them, this doesn't. The dark background doesn't help with this and neither do the rounded corners on everything. Might not be the most constructive feedback but that's just what I think of it.

I have one little annoying thing I'd quite like to see fixed, which has remained the same since the re-design. It's a quick & simple fix. :)

The dropdown menu's need to be a "click to" reveal instead of an "on-hover" reveal. Widescreen laptop users can neither see nor navigate the entire dropdown menu as it is cut off and when attempting to scroll the page down enough for it to be visible, the menu button is then out of view thus making it impossible to reveal the dropdown menu.. Very, very irritating. No need to make the menu button link to that section when there is a view all button directly under it that does the same thing. I can image the menu is cut off an even larger amount for users who have toolbars on their browser...

Other than that, looks much better once you get into the content! Would personally ditch the heavy grey and replace it with something more like #dfdfdf though. Not a fan of "dark" websites personally. :)

Anyway, example attached below. As you can see, I have left the menu button in view so i can hover on it to reveal the menu, however the dropdown is being cut-off and i am unable to then scroll the page down with the dopdown still being present or clickable.

Not sure if anyone else has had this issue but it has bugged me for ages! lol :lol:

post-26454-0-71375100-1408015310_thumb.p

Edited by TrickyTris
  • Like 2

i cant get to my account section on firefox.chrome,safari,get to login then blank page after that

I'm having the same problem, on my nexus7.

I'm also not able to log in on my windows 7 laptop.

This must be losing them money.

Edited by alex97