• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Horses45 crawler and RC Tank Zone

horses45

After seeing Master mind 123 starting his crawler zone and with a break in the weather I managed to get mine strummed down for the digging to start but here it is up to now from over grown to strimmer ready for digging

The start ready to strim

8117BA75-783E-4481-BB32-395F63B31AEB_zps

F9B58593-9F19-480D-BA81-BF5493BB0439_zps

Halfway done

4645A002-4A3C-46E7-B84D-6A70D28484E5_zps

4645A002-4A3C-46E7-B84D-6A70D28484E5_zps

And the finished 29x20 foot tank and crawler zone so 2 courses in 1 ( from the post to the hedge is 20 feet and 29 feet from front to back)

58194CAD-5B1C-4D39-A557-BD16D198DECD_zps

BD797A43-CBED-4360-80FC-76045B9183A4_zps

Well that's all for today with it keep raining so with luck back into it tomorrow after work I hope weather depending :)

• Like 2

bout time you cut that grass :D i would love to do something like this but not a nuff space in my garden plus a lot of foxes and cats crap all over the place :angry: anyway im going to keep an eye on this :thumbsup:

• Like 1

The hard thing I'm going to find is mixing a tracked course for the tanks with some challenging crawling course but it's big enough to get it done some how with getting some sort of bridge in for both ?.

The hard thing I'm going to find is mixing a tracked course for the tanks with some challenging crawling course but it's big enough to get it done some how with getting some sort of bridge in for both ?.

Do like little mounds, double the normal width, one side with some rocks and such on for the crawler, the other side smooth for the tank.

Similar things for over the whole thing.

• Like 1

I love how you've used RC as an excuse to cut the lawn down to :lol:

Horses,if you're ever down my neck of the woods at any point (think it's about an hour away?),drop me a PM as i can get a fair bit of left over rubble,which might be handy to your project..Currently working on a house revamp so theres a fair bit of odd bricks,soil,peices of wood hanging around :good: 

• Like 1

Nice one :)

Mite start a craze having your own crawler & or tank zone in people's gardens :) now that would be good to see what people come up with in there gardens, & maybe a pinned post could be dun ? So everyone could show what they have dun in there garden ? only a thought :)

Edited by Master mind 123
  • Like 1

Be nice to see how many people have a play zone in there garden and I have some cunning plans for some bags of cement that's gone off to go into my course so watch this space lol, but I'm looking forward to trying to stop the grass growing somehow!

• Like 1

Well due to work I'm starting digging this Friday so let's see how it goes any ideas on what I can put in and I have to remember that as well as being this for my crawlers it is also going to be for my tanks so will need to make roads for these to.im looking at a building a bridge.

• Like 1

Well I don't know if this is a good thing or bad ;-), talking to my other half about getting the size of our garden as low maintenance as possible she said why don't you build the tank and crawler track to nearly the top of the garden put weed suppressor down and build on top of that !.well I paced it out and it's big but how am I going to fill that space !!!.here is the pics of how much I have to play with

9D9613D1-EFEB-4DD9-85F1-35418B3BAF3A_zps

1DEBF2A5-78E3-4DFF-A814-39C30CA3C943_zps

A165B439-6184-41AD-AAA1-543B150E6C9A_zps

3F8834CB-A57A-443B-B38D-3CB0A1528E3B_zps

BECED7DA-D7F4-4D6D-BCD5-1EDBBB304FA6_zps

Now the hard work of planning what to do !!!

• Like 2

Here is a quick question ? I have some weed suppressant that I want to put down to start with so I'm not going to have some grass growing around this course, but most of the course is going to be built on top of this , can anyone see any problems with this or have any ideas ?

With the crawler part being on the slope I'm hopping not to change it to much once it is started and hope that it will be challenging enough an I can just drive over the tank course to add distance to it

Edited by horses45

I can see parts of Derbyshire having their stone walls dismantled or a hammer and chisel taken to Black Rocks lol

Keep an eye out for pallets, easy to work with, reasonably strong and they can add height with low weight.

Edited by banners
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Mr Fox that's a brilliant idea I'm not looking at concrete but need to dig some trenches and a valley before I put the weed suppressor down but I should have some more pics by the end of next week and have some ideas of bridges and a course