• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Rc Rally Event 2015

rcrallyuk

Hey guys.

So we have been taking about it for a while now and finally i can say that we are making progress for an Event. I have been looking into a handful of locations here in the UK BUT i don't think we are ready for our own even...and i think it would take too much time and a lot of money to sort. 

So...I have been in touch with the Rc Rally guys in Germany, France and Czech Republic. All have came back to me with some details about their events. 

All of them run at least 4 events through the year (usually at the same location but with different formats) Yes, it is a "run after your car" rally.

So i personally think that it would be better if we could see first hand how these guys do it and hopefully build up a bigger following in the Uk to then start something on our own. 

So here is my idea (shout at me if you think its daft):

I think Germany would be better to go to as its actually not far from Berlin and its in a large town with hotels (if you want) or a camp site on location. I don't know the exact details about the events or the locations but i think it could be a wee adventure. 

If we can get some ideas about what people are thinking. I personally would love it. Looking at travel...its actually not that bad and its usually run over a weekend...

So please guys.  Lets get some ideas flowing. It would not be until next year so plenty of time to iron things out and hopefully get some sort of meet up of our own. 

What do we all think.

Andy 

• Like 1

Unfortunately the money is a problem for me, flying to Germany and staying in a hotel would be too expensive for me. I could only travel within the UK, but as you mentioned it the problem is that there are just not enough people here to participate in events like this. It's a shame really, RC Rallying is by far the most fun for me, wish more people were into it.

I wish we could sort something out but I don't think there would be enough. The guys in Czech Republic and Europe have events all the time with around 60 drivers in each. That would be great but I guess we need to start somewhere

Wow, that's really impressive that they have such an active rc rally scene. But I guess if there are 5 - 10 people already then it's a lot more appealing to others to join too. I personally would be happy with events containing 5 - 10 racers. 

Yeah? Well a couple of people have said they want a rally cross format as chasing the cars is a bit silly but u like the chasing idea so maybe an event that takes both would be good. We could even have more there as there could be special rally cross events that will take in other types of cars.

Yeah I would be ok with both kind of races. I don't find it silly chasing the cars, you can make a lot more sophisticated tracks in that kind of race. Only problem is I have pretty bad knees, but would be able to do it in with moderate running. I see you are from Glasgow, pretty far from me but at least in the same country lol. You said there are a few more people who were into these events, they are your friends or they are forum members here from all over the country?

In Glasgow i have a couple of spots that would be great as rally events. I have approval to hold an event in one of my local ash football pitches. The pitch that we could use is great. The also said they would rake the ash for us so that it was loose for the day. If we had enough people (over 5 ideally) we could make this into an event. We could also have a rally cross stage here as well but it would just be one level...so let me know what you guys think and if i get enough people...then i will organise it. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...