• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Fixing my Aowei Yama.....

JaffaMan

I just purchased a Aowei yama buggy (the basic) and i was racing around a field, when i turned too fast and flipped the buggy, it rolled around 5 times and landed with all its weight on the front left wheel. i was wondering what the best way to fix it would be.. to buy a whole new set of parts? or to try and glue/bond the brass in which the screw goes into, to the plastic of the front wheel hub. many thanks

If a picture of the broken part is needed please just ask.

-Jaffa

Buy new parts, although not familiar with the exact part, your description suggests that a load bearing item has broken, so a repair is likely to fail quickly.

Hth

Honestly? Sell it and buy a Baja, even a KM as you will break that car every time you go out no matter what they are useless.

But in answer to your actual question, always buy new parts, repairing a broken part will never do it any good once it's actually under stress.  

• Like 1

Honestly? Sell it and buy a Baja, even a KM as you will break that car every time you go out no matter what they are useless.

But in answer to your actual question, always buy new parts, repairing a broken part will never do it any good once it's actually under stress.  

yeah i was looking at the Baja but they just don't seem my cup of tea..  i just wanted something i could race around not bash, thank you for your reply though

Buy new parts, although not familiar with the exact part, your description suggests that a load bearing item has broken, so a repair is likely to fail quickly.

Hth

Thank you :) i just didnt want to go out and buy a new part i didnt need, if i could have fixed it i could but i guess some things are better to buy new

Yeah I am not trying to seem like a arse and just say you made the wrong decision but this is from experience that you will really sink more into that car than it would have cost to buy something like a second hand MCD maybe (for racing rather than bashing). Not that a baja isn't bad at racing at all, they are brilliant and you have essentially purchased the bad copy of the baja anyhow :)

In all fairness it's your car and I hope it doesn't put you off petrol as it's a brilliant side to the hobby, it's more I (and others) try and suggest to keep away from them for their numerous shortfalls.

Let us know how you get on though dude  :thumbsup:

if these items are not to expensive ...... 

i would purchase one unit and then another two units. looks like you have found a major weak point area

and no doubt will in the future have another like for like roll and front offside hub damage, even possible

A-arm damage. 

Repair is somewhat hard, these items are cast plastics , a liquid plastic is injected into the mould and then the item is formed.

once broken a repair is not going to be as strong as the original casting, so a secondary fracture will occour.

so to confer it is best to replace said broken part and gain a few spare parts along the way. 

broken parts can often be reused else where in the hobby and cut up / recycled into other projects

so always keep your brokens in a broken bucket ( i have a largish box where my broken / worn parts are thrown)

I agree with all the above. But I have super glued a totally snapped pair of front revo arms it is smaller lighter rc tho. I used loctite super glue then put some chunky cable ties on the ribs to pull the cracked parts in tighter then literally douced the lot with more loctite glue and it honestly held up until I came accross a new set of arms cheap. I even curbed it afew times. I was surprised it worked then more so it lasted.

The revo hit a baby trees post and ripped the wheel clean off. It was supposed to just last the day but kept on going.

Its irrelevant to this tho sorry the weight of 5th scale would surly just fail again possibly causing a crash and more broken bits.

I hope you enjoy the car they have bad reps but some have said good things its better than xrc which I think is the first yama?

You could always get a roller next and use the engine elecs from the yama if wanted but take it easy hopfully it stays together. Ide buy one for a good price of around 160 maybe. Otherwise it'd be fg or maverick blackout.