• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Destiny- Xbox One/360, PS3/4

Anthoop

Anyone here play the beta? 

How did you find it and will you buy it?

I did play the beta for a couple of days and quite enjoyed it. 

I did not try the multiplayer as my reactions are just not fast enough....and no one wants to get shot in the face by a twelve year old. :)

The single player (+co-op) game is of more interest to me and the speeder bike thing made me feel like a Jedi.  :lsabre:

It is very reminiscent of a Halo game...but a bit different...I never really played Halo much though....it is made by the same people (Bungie).

http://www.destinythegame.com/uk/en

played abit of it.

unsure what i think tbh.

seems ok, interested in the storyline they got for it, game play isn't too bad, few minor things i don't like (like the recoil of the automatic weapons)

not played the versus missions yet, like how more than one person can go to an area and see others, even if on different missions (atleast that what i think happens, it not made very clear)

seems ok, interested in the storyline they got for it, game play isn't too bad, few minor things i don't like (like the recoil of the automatic weapons)

In regards to recoil, don't treat the game like you would a normal FPS, treat it like boarderlands or a large MMO, where the starting items are generally not as fit for purpose as you would want at lower levels. As you get better guns and more drops and as you level up I am sure the weapons characteristics will change.

Played beta for the two weeks on PS4.  Couldnt help but think Borderlands to some extent.  Good, but dont think Im that excited about it.  Its all about The Division.

I pre-ordered the game so i spent a good 2 weeks on it (PS4) and really enjoyed the experience.

For once the storyline is actually challenging and gets you to work with your team mates or friends.

The freeroam missions did seem a bit repetitive but im sure that will improve in the full game. I didnt get to do many public missions but the ones i did do seemed impossible unless you have more than 2 people or the ability to invite more people straight away (im sure we can get a good MSUK destiny fireteam together)

The multiplayer was again challenging but overall works very well, especially the balance between levels of players and the fact that collected armour and weapons are carried through into it. I like the fact that heavy and special ammo has to be collected (otherwise it would just be full of rockets and machine guns)

The vehicles in the multiplayer did feel a bit overpowered, but again this could change in the full game.

I got the 3 classes to level 8 and by the end of it i was leaning towards the warlock as my favorite. I preferred the special because it can be used at decent range and the recovery rate of the class is a big advantage. 

As guns go, i found myself preferring scout riffles in the storyline, and auto riffles in multiplayer.

snipers were easily my favorite special gun and i liked the slow fire big damage machine guns in the heavy guns.

In my opinion it will be a great game and i cant wait for the full version.

Edited by pieman5