• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

associated prorally

just rolling

I almost got one of these over my kyosho, but after having the associated SCT and going through diffs like no tomorrow and managing to kill the reedy motor it put me off another 1/10 AE car. Good to hear the diffs are holding up ok on 2S. I was running 3S on my SCT. 

Edited by MrPug

did u have the prolite? just keeping it on 2s as its good fun and will help it live, got a slash on 3s for speed and easier to fix with just 2wd for when the power kills it lol

• 2 weeks later...

I should get my freebie comp winner Pro Rally on Monday all being well, not sure what to do with it yet tho, thrash and bash it or look after it, I do have a couple of spare castle brushless systems (sidewinder/3800kv or MMP/5700kv) I could drop in for more power but not sure on the damage they would do to the running gear diffs,ect

Never had any Associated models before, this is my first, I probably wouldnt have bought one with my own cash as I would have gone for something different, but I will keep an open mind for now and see how things go with it.

it should be here soon (2:30-3:30 delivery) so if the rain stops I might go give it a quick bash about for a bit, used to running 1/8 on 4s so 2s might be a tad slow but we shall see. (I am liking the look of the hyper gt, the rally bug might have bitten, now put a decent b/less combo in one and it might be a decent basher for the tarmac)

Its still fast, I had a hyper 7 with Mamba monster stuff in on 6s which was pure madness lol, not tried the pro rally on 3s, just swopped by tires around as its eating the rears lol. The reverse is weird, u have to brake, stop then hold reverse let loose and then reverse, u may have to put it on lipo mode too if u using a lipo battery, easy to setup the esc

it has just turned up (not exactly at the time they said) but before it got here I noticed someone on the field playing with a car and it turns out he has just bought it and it is the very same Associated pro rally too.

I had a close look and a quick go too, I must admit it looks ok, I aint that impressed with the chassis tho(I have never liked plastic chassis, (yeah I know I have a merv, which is the reason why I no like them)) it is rather large for a 1/10 its as big as my hyper but its a tad slow on the 8.4 nimh a 2s lipo might be a bit quicker but being used to the speed of the hyper.......it might just need 3s  ;)

Edited by fraggs

Mine died today, am guessing a small stone got into the spur gear and stripped it, i was using in a gravel car park, the chassis is **** being plastic but seems to work ok, order time then it ll be alive again

have you thought about a chassis cover? They used to do a waterproof material type with a drawstring/elastic that went over the chassis and fastened underneath, sure I have seen one on a slash or something similar

not sure they make one for the pro rally but plenty of diy info on google depends if you are any good with a sewing machine you could make one out of an old waterproof jacket,bag,ect lots of cheap lightweight coats you could cut up and sew together, even tape would do as a quick fix.