• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Can someone help with gearing my Associated sc10 2wd?

At the moment im running a Hobbywing Ezrun brushless 9t motor. It keeps getting way to hot so need help on selecting what gearing to use. It's got 21 pinion and 87 spur is this any good? What other gears will fit as I can't seem to find any parts in the UK?

Also I'm using new Turnigy 5000mAh 2s lipo which only seem to last 10 mins  any ideas why?

You can gear down, simply by fitting a lower tooth pinny of the right pitch, rw racing will no doubt make one (listed on MS site)

What C rating is the lipo? Has it been balance charged and stored in between runs?

I also suspect that your can is a blue finned one? 380 rotor, 540 can, so not as efficient as a true 540, ergo will run hot as it is under more stress.

The 5000mah I've got is 20c

also have a 3300mah 30c which doesn't last long either

3s 5000mah seems to drain really quick too and the motor gets even hotter. Seemed to last forever when the previous owner had the car on 2s. I've got a program card so is there anything I could try adjusting?

Sorry I'm a newbie to brushless, seems complicated compared to my petrol powered Baja.

Are there any decent lipo chargers about for around

The 5000mah I've got is 20c

also have a 3300mah 30c which doesn't last long either

3s 5000mah seems to drain really quick too and the motor gets even hotter. Seemed to last forever when the previous owner had the car on 2s. I've got a program card so is there anything I could try adjusting?

Sorry I'm a newbie to brushless, seems complicated compared to my petrol powered Baja.

Are there any decent lipo chargers about for around

Where in Leeds are you based fella? A Loiner myself, may be able to physically assist, have big chargers,program card, 'some experience' and temp gun ;) I also make a decent brew...

Decent budget lipo charger :http://www.modelsport.co.uk/overlander-rc6-vsp-80watt-7a-output-ac-dc-charger-with-fan/rc-car-products/379060

May be worth looking at a Hobbyking SCT specific combo if on a budget...or a better suited can.

I would be stripping the truck down and making sure all parts are moving freely...a couple of grinding bearings will initiate heat build up...and my experience says where there's two, there's always more ;)