• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Gforce ESC WI-FI link

53HRA

So you have to plug this in, connect it to your phone and then you can change your setup!

This is definitely a faster, easier and better way to change your setup.

Its a good idea but not with this small box, within 4 years all ESC's will have these built in.

What's wrong with changing settings on the ESC with the touch of a button, like the old days?

Or, if more complex, with the program card, as Purcy said?

I don't do smart phones and see technology that relies on them as pointless.

Can also see this kind of thing open to abuse at sanctioned races. 

whats stopping your mate giving you a cheeky boost wireless before the race starts and then turns it off before scrutineers 

They could just make it so you are not allowed to run with one in during races. You have to have it fitted to the car, that takes up space, weight and they aren't exactly power friendly. They are useful during set up and practice or while you are learning as it allows you to adjust settings really quickly but I can't see it being aimed at a racer in all honesty. More of a nifty bit of tech. I would guess in the future ESCs may have it built it.