• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Revo 3.3 Project

naz

My Revo 3.3 project and excited to upgrade and get going, some of the parts I've just got to get me started :D

Picture's below

So  far....
Picco .26 JL Red dot
ERCM Big Block pipe
Rear Wing & mount
Hot Racing Air Filter
E-Revo body shell ready to paint

20140726_001132_zps6b4cb89e.jpg

20140726_001024_zps740df74c.jpg

20140726_001000_zps11644423.jpg

20140726_000926_zps10db9a1e.jpg

20140726_000529_zps2f2afac3.jpg

20140726_000432_zps10140954.jpg

Any suggestions are more than welcomed :thumbup:

• Like 1

Looks great first time ive seen a revo ercm pipe is it rear mounted? The e revo shell is alittle shorter than 3.3 I think cant really tell in the pics tho. Do you have a cage fitted the shells sitting pretty high like mine ide rather have the tank coverd up but I have to use top mounts. I did bodge my wing to sit higher tho so it looks abit more In line .

You can use the old rear bumper mount as a wheelie bar fit it the wrong way around into the wing mount bumper holes. Either facing upor down ddepending on how big you want the wheelie. It works very well plus as a comfortable carry handle. You will need it with that engine lol it will jump on to the back wheels once broken in. Very nice.

Yes the ercm pipe is rear mounted and no not at all body shell fits perfect not short or long in anyway so was very pleased with that thought I might need to do some cutting so that was a great result. Body looks just high because of the way I lifted it from the back to put it down but I will be puttng the stronger spring set that comes with the revo, oh yes I must get a wheelie bar will be investing in that soon

Edited by naz

Forgot to mention no steel cage for now not sure if I want one yet.

That reminds me is the Traxxas wheelie bar worth getting?
I read one guy said comes off the mount depending how you land, want to kow if this is just one persons bad experience as they look pretty decent?

Edited by naz

No suggestions, just crack on with it.

Oh, I have one suggestion. Get a 17 tooth clutch bell.

And a decent clutch set up.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

yea was thinking of the the 17 tooth and clutchbell, read it's a good idea to convert to a 3 or 4 shoe but am loving the telemetry so may wait till I'm bored of it :D

Edited by naz

Just come across a bit of a hiccup looks like the ERCM pipe won't fit as easily as I thought looks like header will need modding and will be longer than ERCM suggested plus mounting hole is too small, a bit of a error in my eyes especially when you spend $155 this should be more of a custom fit without modding, hope header doesn't effect tuning and performance.
Edited by naz

Does the pipe not match up to a 1/8th header.

no was told it would be fine with original traxxas big block header but it isn't Edited by naz

Have you had contact with the exhaust guy yet?

Yes got a return email from him yesterday late night, he suggested to keep the header as tight as possible as this will effect top end, but the problem with his suggestion is that the only way I can do that is by pushing the pipe further to the right which makes it stick out the wheel arch and maybe around 3/4 inch away from the wheel itself, so maybe prone to damage.

I think I'm going to stick to my way and see how much it effects top end, I prefer my way as I like to keep my rig neat rather than making it ugly just so it goes faster, will see how it goes

• Like 1

I am not a fan of the rear mounted pipe. I like it on the side.

Yea its all down to personal taste, I actually love the idea of a rear pipe, my other Monster Truck from what I noticed discoloured one of the rear wheel because of the oil content etc which I always hated not forgetting it goes all on the side of the truck, I know you get better performance from a side pipe but I'm pnly bashing and it will be more than enough performance

• Like 1

Right pipe has turned up to be too long for my body looks like I need the small block from ERCM which I have now found out has a BB stinger... Arghhh!
Think I going to sell this pipe and buy the SB from ERCM, project now on hold :(

Right pipe has turned up to be too long for my body looks like I need the small block from ERCM which I have now found out has a BB stinger... Arghhh!

Think I going to sell this pipe and buy the SB from ERCM, project now on hold :(

Have you talked to Robin? The SB pipe may rob you of some of the .26's power, will still be plenty for a Revo but I'd rather get the most out of what I've got.

Have you talked to Robin? The SB pipe may rob you of some of the .26's power, will still be plenty for a Revo but I'd rather get the most out of what I've got.

No I agree with you about robbing power as I did a lot of reading and the BB pipe is recommended, but it's too long sticks out like a sore thumb outside of the body and looks horrible. I did find a guy on YouTube who colabarated with the design of the SB with Robin and it had a BB stinger on a Picco .28, so I'm thinking if Robin was involved in the design of this pipe it should be ok?! My theory anyway, regardless the BB exhaust looks horrible and probably get damaged.

I will stick a link to the video

No I agree with you about robbing power as I did a lot of reading and the BB pipe is recommended, but it's too long sticks out like a sore thumb outside of the body and looks horrible. I did find a guy on YouTube who colabarated with the design of the SB with Robin and it had a BB stinger on a Picco .28, so I'm thinking if Robin was involved in the design of this pipe it should be ok?! My theory anyway, regardless the BB exhaust looks horrible and probably get damaged.

I will stick a link to the video

Make sure you talk to Robin about it before ordering, I haven't seen a different stinger as an option on his site. 

Ok... I thought of that as well I'm pretty certain he requested it to be done like that.

There is a section when you order where you can add message or specify anything

Ok... I thought of that as well I'm pretty certain he requested it to be done like that.

There is a section when you order where you can add message or specify anything

There is but I think you have to contact him about anything "custom" like that, just to discuss pricing and to make sure he's still willing to do it or if he's had any feedback about the results. I think your best bet would be calling him though, he's been having email issues lately and has been taking longer than usual to respond.

There is but I think you have to contact him about anything "custom" like that, just to discuss pricing and to make sure he's still willing to do it or if he's had any feedback about the results. I think your best bet would be calling him though, he's been having email issues lately and has been taking longer than usual to respond.

Ok cool will try when I'm ready to order again