• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Which servo for buggy?

RCpete

As the title says. looking for a new steering servo for my Trophy buggy flux. I need something with at least 12kg torque and has to be pretty quick. Only thing is i dont want anything that requires a separate BEC or power cap . I just wanna plug it in with no stuttering or glitches and just go.

Its running the stock hpi setup BTW.

Any suggestions would be great, cheers.

Thanks for all the replys guys. Don't Savox servos require a separate BEC or is that just with a Castle ESC. Thats what i've heard anyway!

No worries OHO, it was rather a backward statement.

AFAIK, some of the more torquey savox's can produce a brown out due to the power they consume but wiring in a BEC isn't very difficult for the benefit you get from the servo.

I've never had a Castle ESC but on the other brands I've used, I've never ran a separate BEC.

Are you running a Castle ESC?

Its the stock setup, the rage esc rated at 80amp, It will be a clone of something, dont know what tho.!

use both the savox sc-1256tg and the ace ds1015. Prefer the ace on steering duties as its faster and seems to be bomb proof. Where as the savox has been replaced twice due to failure after a short time

• Like 1

80amp in a 1/8 buggy? Bloody hell they skimped there didn't they!

Yeah, but i must say i've had no issues, there are a few rtr 1/8ths that come with 80amp esc's, seems to be base spec for 1/8th.