• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

connection break?

arogon1235

just tried to charge my 6s lipo and it came up with connection break so i checked all the solder joints on the charger, lipo, leads and the balance plug on the lipo and charger and they are all fine. the funny thing is it worked for me before and now it wont. any ideas.  

thanks 

if a the lipo has a dead cell can that make it come up with a connection break or even if the cell is very low compared to the other cells

+1. I had an issue with an Orion Sport 3200mah 25c lipo. Balance charged first time, ran it in car, went to charge it and got that error. Returned to the shop where they told me the middle cell had discharged. Swapped for another and got 2 runs out of it before same thing happened. Took it back and got an upgraded one and so far no probs. From what i have learnt, these Lipos can be very temperamental...just one of those things i guess?

What charger you using mate?

I had the same issue with an Overlander RC6 touch charger, when I returned it to Modelsport they checked it with new cables and on new lipos and it still gave out the same error so they swapped it for me for a different one.

tried another lipo which i know has 1 low cell and i got the same error, so i then tried a different lipo that i know is perfectly balanced and it wokred fine, this makes me believe that my 6s lipo has a bad cell 

What charger you using mate?

I had the same issue with an Overlander RC6 touch charger, when I returned it to Modelsport they checked it with new cables and on new lipos and it still gave out the same error so they swapped it for me for a different one.

Exact same one! Took it back with lipo just in case it was one/the other/both and they checked it and gave it good bill of health Edited by YORKSHIRENEO

My Ripmax propeak warrior gives the same error message yet lipos are fine on Imax B6. Also checked with multimeter and lipo checker and they're ok. I read somewhere on the net that it's a common fault with a lot of chargers. Don't throw that lipo just yet !

For those charges without external balance boards, but with all balance connector on the charger: I use balance extension cables (that remain plugged into the charger) to avoid stressing the connectors.

Somebody with a little electronics experience can open the charger and check the soldering of the balance connector.

I have the Overlander RC6S AC PRO and it does the exact same thing on some of my lipos, I have the Overlander RC6S VSP which works fine . I phoned Overlander and asked them and they said it was a common problem with the AC PRO.

I have the Overlander RC6S AC PRO and it does the exact same thing on some of my lipos, I have the Overlander RC6S VSP which works fine . I phoned Overlander and asked them and they said it was a common problem with the AC PRO.

yep, when I returned the RC6 touch to Modelsport I swapped it for the RC6 VSP and it has worked perfectly ever since, great charger at a great price if you ask me.