• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Trophy Truggy 4.6 Conversion

Hello,

Can someone please help me before I go nuts lol I want to convert my Truggy from Nitro to Elec but I can't find the conversion parts ANYWHERE, I have looked and scoured the net and I don't know if I am finding it and just don't know it's compatible with mine or what.  But I tell ya what I'm tired of trying to get this engine to idle right without cutting out, I'm a disabled Veteran and bedridden most days so when I'm feeling good enough to go out and play I don't want to sit outside and screw with this foofen engine for hours and watch my son charge his car over and over and play lol.  

I don't know what I will need but I'm guessing the 2 side trays to extend it out, a motor mount, battery tray and a motor and ESC I want to go Brushless and Lipo if I do this im gonna do it right.  Also do you use 1 or 2 lipo batteries on this? and if 2 can I put 2 5000 4s Batteries in it or will one be sufficient?  

Anyways Please help, I need links and advice, I know how to build cars i'm not a novice but the new Brushless and Lipo stuff is new to me, so I don't know what type of ESC to get or Motor, I know I want it to hit high speeds and be able to toast the Nitro version.  I would like waterproof, system, I have the servos and radio/transmitter picked out I'm going with a 4ch and servos are top notch so Im good there.  If anyone has anything I could use the help.  Thanks and Hope to hear something soon!! =)

Andy

aka SmAk

It's easy and can be cheap or cost more pending how far you take it.  IMO get a 7075 chassis over and above trying to make it a flux which will run up the bill for next to no gain.

However seeing as u r US based it may be cheaper and easier to visit JennyRC or the likes on ebay and buy sections of what u need from their chop shop ;)

NB:// I never liked the stock flux motor mount but its fine and works.  just remember you need to shim up the centre diff bracket or use the buggy one which is stock on the flux ;)

Get ya drill ready too if you stick with a nitro chassis.

Edit:// heres what I did  .  I since moved the ESC to the back and mounted her to the rear brace away from the dirt (used servo tape).

Not the best pic,.but gives u an idea to what u can do

19102013698_zpsca73485e.jpg

Edited by Deafty