• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Getting Old RC Tyres

bobthemac

seems a bit pricey but that could just be me coming from a place where I had thousands of pounds worth of tyres for nothing where a set of tyres only lasts one maybe two meetings. Read a forum where someone made tyres out of bike tyres and people where telling him to stop being so cheap. They seemed to just chuck them away. 

Yeah bulk is what I am looking for if it gets me a better deal it's worth doing. Does anyone have any idea about the cling film thing I mentioned on the first post would love to know if it make a difference on this small scale.

Never heard of it myself or heard any of my racer friends mention it, then again, some people keep their little 'secrets' and tips/tricks closely guarded.

You could always just give it a go lol... I know you can get tyre additives for touring cars which makes them sticky and grip a lot better, not sure about off road stuff though.

Ebay and max bashing. You can get lucky. I picked up ten sets for 20 delivered. I now will not need to buy buggy tyre for a long time...