• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

posting Li pos Whats the Big issue

kangarilla

Just wondered if anyone has any info about what the issue is with a hard case lipo battery.

Royal mail refused it and so did hermes.

Royal mail told me that all parcels are scanned and if one is detected it is destroyed and the sender issued costs.

Eventually managed to find APC to take it but they wanted

Edited by kangarilla

Put it in a plastic bag to insulate it, then wrap it in tin foil, they shouldn't be able to see anything then.

As for "why won't they take them?", puncture one and see what happens! ;)

• Like 1

Just wondered if anyone has any info about what the issue is with a hard case lipo battery.

Royal mail refused it and so did hermes.

Royal mail told me that all parcels are scanned and if one is detected it is destroyed and the sender issued costs.

Eventually managed to find APC to take it but they wanted

Edited by jari

cheers Jari, very informative, i just got a basic response we dont do batteries on their own. so i need to find a car to sell and put the batteries inside, that would make an interesting sale,

" Lipos with free Car"

Just to add to the knowledge here, if you send a lipo in a model there's rarely ever an issue.

Hobbyking had a real problem with their lipo distribution a little while back but it seems sorted now.

There have been incidences of fires on planes which were caused by damaged lipos or laptop batteries somehow getting damaged and catching on fire.

legally in EU you need a license to send and recieve multiple units.  This law is somewhat new and basically couriers are out of the loop on one off *sends*.

at the same time we currently still have a large grey area.

essentially,. ask the cattier prior, then they are responsible,.. at least for now.

Currently i'll send mine ' in a device' which is 100% legal (for now) not to mention dangerous :xd: . but thats the current dumb bum law :lol: